Full Time Maintenance Technician (full benefits)
- Job posted by Women's Community Revitalization Project
Details: $13/ hour
2036 North 4th Street
Women's Community Revitalization Project (WCRP) is a non-profit housing development organization serving low-income women and their families to advance their social and economic empowerment. WCRP's goals are: the development of community economic development ventures that will enable low-income women to build a sense of community; the involvement of low-income women in the selection, planning, and implementation of community economic development ventures; and the development of projects and advocacy campaigns that will help break down the racial, class, and sex-based barriers that low-income women face.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent, this person will perform routine repairs, preventative maintenance; grounds work and respond to emergencies when on call.
• Complete work order requests. These requests will include, but will not be limited to, tenant requests for repairs, annual unit inspections, preventative maintenance and emergencies as well as special work projects.
• Perform preventative maintenance for all developments, common areas and grounds per maintenance plan.
• Prepare vacant units for re rental, which may include heavy cleaning of kitchen and baths, floors, and painting as well as repairs.
• Assist in heavy cleaning of all common areas including vacuuming and shampooing of all carpeting, washing of floors, cleaning stairways and utility rooms, replacement of light bulbs, cleaning glass, etc.
• When assigned, be on call to respond to emergency calls from tenants after hours or on weekends.
• Maintain care and upkeep of grounds, including snow removal, weeding, mowing and watering of landscaped areas.
• Prepare rubbish for removal according to schedule. Police and clean as needed after rubbish removal.
• Inspect developments daily and report any maintenance problems to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with residents and staff.
• Prepare incident reports and report to the Manager any problems or issues related to management of the property.
• Be responsible for the company's cellular phone: must be kept on 24 hours and fully charged.
• Responsible for keys at all times.
• Complete and submit to Maintenance Supervisor completed work order forms on a daily basis.
• Attend team and general staff meetings.
• Utilize equipment, supplies, and materials in a responsible and cost efficient manner.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Plus full benefits for individuals and family members.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Highly motivated, responsible and dependable.
• Ability to complete job-related paperwork.
• Ability to work independently as well as a team.
• Valid Driver's License and Must have car
• Bilingual (English and Spanish), a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Plus submit resume to Astrid Zayas, Property Manager, at email@example.com