As RISE continues to grow as an organization, the Talent Specialist will play a key role in coordinating RISE’s talent systems and functions including recruitment, performance management, human resources administration, and employee engagement. The Talent Specialist works closely with and reports directly to the Director of Talent and Operations to ensure that RISE continues to build a high-performing, mission-driven team and to foster a collaborative and effective work environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, is motivated to advance the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion through its talent functions, and is passionate about closing achievement gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Recruitment and Hiring
- Manage end-to-end recruitment process in collaboration with hiring managers, including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, and advancing applicants and candidates through the hiring process.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new hires in collaboration with hiring managers and other RISE staff.
- Maintain, develop and refine templates and processes for interviewing and evaluating candidates, including interview guides, evaluation rubrics, and performance tasks.
- Lead marketing efforts to promote RISE job opportunities on digital and other platforms.
2. Performance Management & Employee Engagement
- Manage a multi-faceted strategy for staff professional learning, supporting all team members in their unique professional growth trajectories.
- Oversee staff performance management processes, including annual goal-setting and competency-based performance evaluations; collaborate with Director of Talent & Operations to support managers in performance management and progressive discipline.
- Support a strong team culture through employee engagement initiatives, including an annual employee survey, quarterly team meetings, and initiatives to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
3. Human Resources Administration
- Serve as point-of-contact and provide support for human resources questions and requests from employees.
- Apply industry best practices and conducting market research to inform updates to human resources policies and processes in consultation with Director of Talent & Operations.
- Collaborate with contractors to fulfill human resource functions, including payroll and benefits.
- Maintain organized and accurate employee files per organization guidelines and practices.
- In collaboration with Director of Talent & Operations, ensure compliance with organizational policy and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Specialized knowledge in at least one major area of talent and human resources management (e.g. talent acquisition, talent development, human resources policy and administration, etc.).
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results and meeting deadlines.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and results-driven environment.
- Ability to ramp up on new content and work in an independent and self-motivated manner.
- Strong belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and Google apps. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and/or WordPress a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit or entrepreneurial setting.
RISE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.