Details: Commensurate with experience
1612 K Street, NW
CAIR Coalition strives to keep families together by working with and for the immigrant men, women, and children facing detention and deportation in DC, MD and VA. Our services include legal representation, educational outreach, impact and advocacy work, and the training of attorneys who defend immigrants in the immigration and criminal justice arenas.
CAIR Coalition has an immediate opening for a full-time Development Assistant to provide administrative support to CAIR Coalition’s development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the development team.
- Utilize fundraising database including data entry, running reports and queries.
- Support donor relations through indirect means (mailings, emails, phone calls, etc.).
- Conduct outreach and follow-up, including mailing prospect kits and scheduling meetings.
- Assist with planning and organizing programs and events.
- Identify and conduct research on high net worth prospective donors.
- Foundation Research.
- Prepare receipts and acknowledgment letters for all gifts received.
- Assist with grant writing and submissions.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong ability to exercise independent judgment.
Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Very detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills.
Strong ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, four weeks vacation plus all federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required