Background: Center for Lives' (CCL) vision is a community where everyone thrives. Too often resource and economic opportunity limit participants’ choices and capacity to achieve their goals and vision. CCL partners with those held back by lack of resource and economic opportunity in order to uncover possibilities, overcome barriers, and realize their potential. Partnership takes many forms: coaching, training and educating, and coalition building, advocacy and organizing are the primary ways that goals and potential are realized.
Position Overview: The Employment Preparation and Placement Coach (EC) is principally responsible for building member capacity to identify and pursue career pathways. The EC is responsible for enrolling job seekers, connecting members to internal and external training, developing and assessing participants general employability and occupational skills, and for collaboratively identifying and mobilizing the variety of supports participants need in order to be successful during and beyond program services. This will include collaborating with CCL partners for intake and assessment.
The Employment Coach develops and implements plans, strategies and tactics, in collaboration with the employment team that result in workforce attachment, employment retention, career advancement, target-wage attainment, increased earnings, and similar performance domains for CCL’s clients, consistent with CCL’s strategic and programmatic goals. Traveling to other locations, other duties as assigned.
Areas of Work:
Recruitment and Enrollment (20%):
● Manage the program recruitment and assessment process for career coaching members, including maintaining clearly defined and consistently applied enrollment criteria for members.
● Effectively communicate the program's value and expectations, manage client on-boarding process, contract documents and coaching tools that assess motivators, strengths, job readiness needs, potential challenges and community supports
● Design and execute coaching processes and flows that provide opportunities for members to demonstrate goal-setting and program attachment.
● Co-facilitate Orientation session for member enrollment
● Conduct intake and assessment for member enrollment internally and externally
Coaching and Resource Connections (45%)
● Partner with members to co-define agreements and goals, identify assets and strengths, and strategize specific barriers to obtaining and maintaining internship and employment.
● Connect participants to needed community supports and resources to assist with basic work readiness (e.g., transportation, child care, clothing, work equipment), crisis intervention (prevention, domestic violence, substance use) or career advancement (peers, alumni, mentors, and business and other partners) throughout the period of service provision.
● Leverage CCL’s internal integrated service delivery, including financial coaching and resource development to build participant capacity to maximize resources to achieve their goals.
● Support program retention plans that offer regular opportunities for participants to obtain additional support, participate in CCL community events, and engage in leadership opportunities.
Trainings (internal and external members (15%)
● Understand referral processes with training providers to connect members to opportunities for career pathway training.
● Connect members to CCL’s internal Digital Literacy program and contextualized basic skills and industry-recognized certification training.
● Facilitate training at CCL on general employability and occupational skills using interactive, experiential adult education approaches that build participants' reflective skills and increase participant engagement.
● Maintain a program and training environment that mirrors the workplace and leverage internal opportunities to build and strengthen essential employability skills through leadership and volunteerism.
● Consistently evaluate and utilize clear, industry-informed criteria for what it means to be "work ready" and "job search ready", and utilize a consistent process for ensuring that participants meet those criteria
Reporting and Outcomes (10%)
● Input weekly and monthly member case records and notes into reporting databases.
● Ensure that staff and administration have the opportunity to obtain client feedback. Coordinate the reflection on feedback trends and adapt services or employment preparation as needed.
● Evaluate program and services for overall alignment with CCL’s mission and strategic plan.
● Produce monthly reports that document all direct service activities and outcomes, and demonstrate the attainment of outcomes through verification paperwork, including job-start verifications and retention substantiations, and participate in contractual reporting.
Participate in Strategic Activities (5%)
● Participate in Strategic Planning activities and meetings
● Participate in CCL’s Resource Development efforts, including coordinating staff leadership around staff fundraising efforts.
● Participate in CCL’s Innovation and Learning efforts, including supporting the development in implementing new innovation goals, integrating innovations into service delivery and evaluating innovations.
Participate in Leadership Development (5%)
● Participate in supervision and mutual accountability as a coachee, designing professional and leadership goals via the coaching process of: Visioning, Goal setting and Action Planning.
● Participate in Team Meetings and CCL Staff Meetings, leading where appropriate.
● Participate in personal and professional job development and skill-building opportunities.
● Represent CCL externally as a staff leader, as necessary or requested.
● Contribute to an environment that celebrates personal goals, accomplishments, and fails and cultivates a learning environment.
The EC position requires flexibility in schedule, duties, or unexpected events/circumstances that may occur, so tasks not specified here may be required to successfully execute the position and may be asked upon by Administration. Occasional evenings, weekends and/or off-site work are required.
Successful Candidate will Demonstrate:
● Passion for CCL’s mission and its core values of innovation, poder, economic justice, solidarity and accountability.
● Commitment to anti-racism, social justice, and cultural competence in working with marginalized identities and/or abilities.
● Strengths around creativity, resourcefulness, persistence and self-reflection.
● Proclivity to risk-taking and a willingness to fail, learn and adapt.
● Preference towards a non-directive, client-led relationship.
● Ability to meet people where they are at and implement a culture that builds employment capacity in members with limited work history or multiple barriers to employment.
● Openness to regular, 360 degree feedback and an environment of mutual accountability.
● Ability to engage a diverse community of people.
● Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
● Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (human service, counseling, community development, social services, sociology, psychology etc.).
● 1+ year of experience in career coaching/services or direct service and advocacy work in the community setting with clients with barriers to housing and employment.
● Track record of taking initiative and managing and advancing projects independently.
● Strong strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Well-organized, detail oriented with strong documentation and reporting skills.
● Strong computer skills, including fluency with the internet and Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
Accountability: The Employment Coach is mutually accountable to CCL employment coaches and trainers; and interfaces with the administrative team on matters of external relations, marketing and resource development related to business partners.
Background: Center for Lives' (CCL) vision is a community where everyone thrives. Too often resource and economic opportunity limit participants’ choices and capacity to achieve their goals and vision. CCL partners with those held back by…
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position that includes health and dental insurance, life, short term and long term disability insurance and generous paid time off (four weeks of vacation, three personal days and seven sick days). The starting annual salary is between $40,000 and $45,000 and depends on relevant experience.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position that includes health and dental insurance, life, short term and long term disability insurance and generous paid time off…