2136 Crotona Parkway
Phipps Neighborhoods, provides children, youth and families in low-income neighborhoods the opportunities they need to thrive through comprehensive education and career programs, and access to community services.
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We are dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
We developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. This model is marked by four key characteristics: targeted program areas, an integrated approach, a continuous improvement strategy and a geographic focus
Phipps Neighborhoods works with clients to identify specific financial, housing, health or emotional needs, and to provide necessary support and referrals. Residential support services, and youth and adult education programs are provided by Phipps Neighborhoods. Phipps Neighborhoods also helps low-income families and individuals determine public assistance needs, which programs they qualify for, and how to apply for benefits such as SNAP, Medicaid, and Medicare.
High School graduate or GED, Associate Degree preferred. Qualified candidates will have experience with a social service agency and will be responsive to the needs of the homeless. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Ensure that all clients understand and are in compliance with the Client Responsibility Procedure as it relates to their goal of securing permanent housing. Ensure that all clients apply for available housing programs and connect clients to potential housing resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish links with landlords and realtors to identify leads for permanent housing.
- Establish links with NYC Housing Authority personnel or other public officials with access to permanent housing.
- Facilitate Housing Workshops.
- Conduct initial Housing Plan within 48 hours of client’s entry into the facility.
- Conduct regular status checks of housing applications.
- Record detailed information in a Housing Progress Note for each encounter with client.
- Arrange landlord/client interviews and if needed, accompany families to view potential apartments.
- Identify and address barriers to obtaining permanent housing.
- Ensure all client data is in the CARES database system.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Program Director, or Senior Director.
Medical, Dental, Eye Optical, and Professional Development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Provide cover letter and resume to: Nbrown@phippsny.org