This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is primarily responsible for management and expansion of U.S. VETS fundraising, communications and volunteer programs for U.S. VETS-Long Beach.
- Work directly with Executive Director to oversee site fundraising, communications and volunteer efforts; increase private revenue annually to meet projected goals.
- Partner with National Development staff to execute and expand fundraising and communications activities; participate in national development calls, teleconferences and meetings.
- Manage all signature events, including administration, fundraising logistics and execution, secure and manage 3rd party, donor-hosted and other events as needed, working with Executive Director, Advisory Council, Committee.
- Lead growth of corporate fundraising through identification and direct solicitation of prospects for event sponsorships, in-kind and capital investments, and implementation of Businesses That Care initiative.
- Oversee all donor engagement; increase individual giving through donor solicitation and stewardship, and independent coordination of direct mail and e-appeals.
- Identify prospects for individual and corporate support, conduct prospect research, initiate and conduct direct outreach and solicitation, independently and/or in partnership with senior leadership.
- Serve as community representative, facilitate presentations for the Executive Director and program leadership, deliver presentations to local businesses, faith-based groups and community associations.
- Secure in-kind contributions for events, programs and facilities, including identifying and partnering with local community groups, business and others to increase donations.
- Engage community and corporate volunteers, develop and oversee individual and group volunteer projects, manage and steward volunteers on-site and at events.
- Manage site communications, public relations and marketing; secure client success stories, develop all social media engagement, website updates, coordinate media and advertising.
- Maintain site development and communications calendar; report on site fundraising efforts to the National office.
- Develop and manage branded collateral, presentations, marketing materials and communications; ensure consistent use of organization brand, mission and messaging.
- Utilize database to create records, record cash/in-kind contributions, send acknowledgments, track actions and contacts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years fundraising experience, particularly including special events, individual and corporate giving.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing donor and community relationships.
- Initiative to personally request and secure investments from individuals, corporations and community groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities; strong time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen to and effectively communicate with colleagues and donors.
- Flexibility, creativity and initiative required to create new opportunities.
- Strong Microsoft Office, database and administration skills.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you! Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.