200 High Street
Summary of Position:
Major responsibilities include management and oversight of program development, partnerships and collaborations, support of BGCB Development Department and special initiatives of the BGCB Operations Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee strategic partnerships and collaborations that support BGCB operations. Including but not limited to stewardship, evaluation of effectiveness, contract management, and oversight of service delivery within the appropriate Core Program Area.
- Responsible for exploring potential partnerships, collaborative projects with support from the Director of Program Development.
- Represent the agency at various internal/external committee meetings and events.
- Support and guide strategic initiatives that support club operations, including, but not limited to: Inclusion, Health (MGH), Food Programs (Boston Food Bank), Music (Music & Youth Initiative), Academic Success and Leadership programs.
- Explore and develop new initiatives that are aligned with BGCB’s three critical outcome areas.
- Supervision of the Director of Program Development and the implementation of major program initiatives that address the quality and scope of programming in each BGCB Core Program Area.
- Assist EVP, Operations in resource development in support of Core Programs; communicate and facilitate resource sharing across Clubs.
- Assist EVP, Operations with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to support BGCB’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the implementation of Boys and Girls Clubs of America programs and resources at all locations.
- Ensure implementation of a quality food program at all sites that is consistent with BGCB’s Healthy Lifestyles outcome area.
- Supervision of and support for the Director of Healthy Lifestyles and Community Health Registered Nurse to deliver relevant, appropriate, health and safety-promoting programming throughout BGCB.
- Potential growth opportunity to support BGCB social work team, by creating platforms to share best practices and lessons learned, and to encourage the growth and development of the department
- Assist EVP, Operations in establishing a consistent quality review process for all Clubs. Such as but not limited to, Standard Operations of Effectiveness and BGCB Annual Survey Results.
- Potential growth opportunity to supervise and support Director of Evaluation and Outcomes, and all efforts related to these areas, including but not limited to, BGCB’s Theory of Change. Potential growth includes oversight of the collection, analysis and interpretation of data as related to BGCB outcomes, performance metrics and program quality initiatives.
- Effective communication with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders regarding BGCB’s outcome strategy.
- Completion of Annual Report to BGCA.
- Oversee the implementation of the United Way five year strategic initiative and reporting requirements.
- Assist Development department with content and program design for various opportunities.
- Participate in meetings of the Program Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as required and assigned.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
· Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
· Minimum 5 years direct experience developing, delivering and/or managing programs for youth; experience in out-of-school time settings preferred.
· Knowledge of trends in youth development programming and activities, professional development opportunities, curriculum design and related resources.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
· MS Office and web competency preferred.
· Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Flexibility to work varying hours especially as seasons and clubhouse service needs change.
· Valid driver’s license required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online.