The SQL Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of database-driven applications and programming modules, application integration, developing, documenting and maintaining of operational and analytical reports.
Essential Job Functions:
· Agency’s applications development and support. Core activities will include application requirements gathering, application design and development, database administration, user training, general user support, periodic data auditing, troubleshooting and establishing a feedback loop to help identify problems and prioritize enhancements. Related procedural documentation and support.
· Developing new and maintaining existing applications modules and reports utilizing SQL Server.
· Documenting requirements and writing specifications to build new solutions and/or customize existing solutions.
· All other related tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Math or equivalent training or relevant experience.
· Solid understanding of relational database technologies. Hands-on database development skills including SQL programming (developing stored procedures, functions and reports).
· SQL Server Administration.
· 5+ years of experience in relational database concepts, SQL, and report design and development.
· 3+ years hands-on experience with ASP.NET, .NET framework using Visual Studio
· 3+ years of experience with SQL Server.
· Proficiency with reporting tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
· Excel experience with pivot tables, data manipulation functions, and macros.
· Experience with data analysis and BI (Tableau) is a plus.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills.
· Ability to clearly communicate with colleagues at all levels.
Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
· High level of initiative, self-direction, and accountability for actions required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required