At Washington Nonprofits, we believe in the power of strong nonprofits to strengthen their communities. Our mission is to make sure nonprofits have what they need to succeed. Washington Nonprofits has three main goals: deliver high impact learning opportunities for nonprofits of all sizes, be a voice for nonprofits in public policy, and convene nonprofits in ways that strengthen their impact. We achieve these goals with a strong commitment to equity, inclusion, and respect for regional differences. This position will play an important role in achieving these goals.
The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with all staff to support the mission of Washington Nonprofits and represent its values when interacting with members and the community. This position is a key link in supporting the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Administrative Support
- Provide support to the team, including scheduling meetings, phone calls, travel arrangements, and event coordination.
- General administrative duties including drafting communications, managing mailings, customer service, preparing reports, and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Office management duties including ordering supplies, troubleshooting technology problems, and coordinating with outside vendors for services/repairs.
- Providing support to the board of directors, including meeting scheduling and distribution of board materials.
- Supporting program evaluation by entering and summarizing workshop feedback.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
2. Contribute to a strong organization:
- Contribute to the visibility of the organization by representing WN at events.
- Bring ideas from events, meetings, etc. back to the organization to contribute to our on-going effort to understand and support nonprofits in Washington.
- Promote Washington Nonprofits membership.
- Support Washington Nonprofits advocacy work.
Skills and Requirements
- 2 years work experience with preference given to those with nonprofit experience.
- Commitment to our mission and belief in the value of nonprofits as drivers of social justice, benefits, and change.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) is required. Experience with membership databases, Cvent, MailChimp, and Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Ability to travel within the state.
- Some moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be required on an occasional basis.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Administrative Assistant.
Location: Seattle Office (1265 S. Main St., Seattle, WA 98144)
FLSA Classification: Full Time, Non-exempt
Position Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary Range: $35,000-38,000, health insurance, paid time off
Application process: To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume here. Resumes received by September 10 will receive priority consideration. We will accept applications until position is filled.
Washington Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
For more information about Washington Nonprofits, visit www.washingtonnonprofits.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/17210-washington-nonprofits/jobs/10808-administrative-assistant