Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
442 Temple Street
About the Yale-China Association
The Yale‐China Association inspires Chinese and American people to learn and serve together. Founded in 1901 by graduates of Yale University, we foster long‐term relationships that improve health, education, and cultural understanding in China and the United States. The Yale‐China Association is a non‐profit organization registered in New Haven, CT and Hong Kong. Though closely affiliated with Yale University, Yale‐China is separately incorporated and administered.
The Yale-China Association seeks candidates for the position of Director of Health Programs based in its headquarters in New Haven, Connecticut. Reporting to the President, the Director of Health Programs will work closely with the Health Advisory Committee comprised of international experts from the field and the Board of Trustees to provide strategic leadership and program execution for Yale-China’s health program work.
Working closely with the Health Advisory Committee, the Director will:
· Manage all aspects of the health program, including developing, leading and implementing current and new programs in the health portfolio;
· Direct the work of the health program to support the mission of the Yale-China Association and engage in an interdisciplinary way with other Yale-China programs;
· Manage and supervise health program staff to ensure the effective operations of the program, including recruitment and selection of health program fellows and scholarship recipients, orientation and training, and program execution;
· Travel to China 3-4 times a year to meet with partners, conduct program work, and facilitate the development of new program activity;
· Establish strong networks in the health sector in China and the U.S.;
· Serve as the organization’s authority on relevant developments in health–related topics in China;
· Develop new funding sources for the health program in Hong Kong, China, and the U.S.;
· Serve as staff representative on the health program committee of the Yale-China board;
· Work closely with the Vice President and Director of Finance and Operations to prepare financial materials and documentation for grants, contracts and institutional program budgets related to the health program;
· Provide mentorship to Chinese visiting scholars and students as needed; and
· Participate in and host Yale-China events relevant to the work.
Education and Training
Seven years of related work experience, preferably related to health, public health, nursing or medicine. A Master’s in a related field; Ph.D. or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese
· Deep understanding of key issues in public health, global health, and the health systems of China
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, including but not limited to the ability to work well in Chinese settings and to support and inspire individuals to work in China
· Experience in the areas of international exchange and program management
· Excellent judgment, professional demeanor and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
· A strong sense of professional ethics and principles
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay keen attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks, office procedures, demands and deadlines
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and ability to work remotely
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Yale University benefits apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jonathan Green, Vice President and Director of Finance and Operations, at email@example.com. Final candidacy is conditioned upon successfully passing a complete background and reference check.