Summary of the Organization and Role:
The New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute is a 501(c)3 membership organization focused on improving the quality of health care, while reducing costs and increasing transparency. We work on initiatives with our multi-stakeholder members to further these goals. The Quality Institute engages a diverse array of partners, including employers, union funds, consumer groups, hospital systems, health care professionals, pharmaceutical companies, business groups, insurers, technology companies, academic institutions, government, and foundations, to further our initiatives. More information on the Quality Institute can be found at www.njhcqi.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate program officer with an interest and experience in health care policy and a strong familiarity with Medicaid programs. The ideal candidate would have significant project management skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. This position reports directly to the Chief Transformation Officer, responsible for overseeing the Quality Institute's Medicaid Initiative. The Program Officer will also work on other Quality Institute initiatives. Experience in reproductive and maternal health issues is a strong plus for this position.
Summary of Key Responsibilities : Provide efficient and quality support to the Chief Transformation Officer. High attention to detail in managing the concurrent aspects of our Medicaid Initiative; manage all contract and grant deliverables of the Initiative including but not limited to organizing stakeholder meetings, researching Medicaid initiatives in other states, drafting written materials including but not limited to meeting minutes, memos, briefs, and reports. Scheduling and planning meetings, creating meeting materials, communicating with key stakeholders and keeping key stakeholders on task. Conduct detailed analyses and prepare reports using state Medicaid claims and financial data. Will work closely and effectively with the entire Quality Institute team.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Working with the Quality Institute’s senior leadership, create and update detailed work plans, which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully manage Initiative contracts and grants.
- Coordinate policy research and information gathering from various sources to support research for the multiple written deliverables.
- Assist in conducting research on Medicaid initiatives in other states to identify best practices and ideas for New Jersey.
- Assist in drafting reports and other written deliverables.
- Assist in running workgroups, meetings, and making presentations on the work of the Initiative.
- Create project timelines and ensure that deadlines on contracts and grants are met.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Maintain electronic files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Oversee communications related to the contracts and grants, as required, to convey Initiative progress. This includes maintaining website page and working with Quality Institute communications team.
- Regularly post activities and materials to webpage to inform and engage stakeholders.
- Track and reconcile budget for grants and prepare all required reports.
- Track and manage deliverables for the Initiative and draft periodic status updates.
- Promote effective teamwork within the organization.
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors of Arts or Science degree in public health, health policy or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus but not required.
- Seven or more years of professional experience in public health, health policy or a related field. Government experience, especially Medicaid, a plus.
- Experience in project management, meeting planning, community outreach and engagement.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to create and present presentations to groups of varying sizes.
- Be highly organized, with the ability to manage a program, manage grants, and meet deadlines and deliverable benchmarks.
- Stellar verbal and formal written communication skills for professional settings.
- Ability to manage budgets and contracts (execution, change requests, reconciliation).
- Excellent decision-making skills with good judgment in a nuanced political environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Highly efficient skills in Microsoft suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as data management software such as SAS
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have drivers license in good standing and daily access to a vehicle, as travel is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Available Immediately. Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter (as attachments) to Amanda Melillo.