One Battery Park Plaza
The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers. We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
The Transit Tech Lab Director is responsible for planning, directing and executing the activities of the Transit Tech Lab. The Director will ensure all program goals and objectives are achieved and all meetings and events are planned and executed according to the program schedule and structure. Leads outreach into entrepreneurial community to ensure sufficient number and high quality of applicants.
Lead all aspects of the Transit Tech Lab including recruitment of applicants, curriculum development and delivery, selection process facilitation, stakeholder coordination, trial and pilot support, information sessions and more. Includes:
- Recruitment: Lead outreach to the relevant tech communities (transportation, machine learning, smart cities, etc) to recruit candidates to apply for the program, including meeting investors, entrepreneurs and other key stakeholders. Participate on panel discussions and in other events to raise the visibility of the program.
- Screening: Manage the initial review of the applicants, coordinate the review of relevant candidates with evaluators. Organize and manage the in–person presentations of companies selected by evaluators.
- Information Sessions: Conduct information sessions and roundtables for program tech companies with stakeholders across the transit landscape.
- During Program: Schedule and attend meetings between program tech companies and transit stakeholders and prepare the program tech companies for those meetings; Manage the development and delivery of curriculum and info sessions during the accelerator; Convene periodic meetings and calls to assess progress on an interim basis; Convene periodic meetings for program tech companies.
- Post Program: Schedule and manage feedback sessions for the program tech companies and calls with stakeholders. Prepare a final report. Proactively develop ways to support graduates post program, including relevant introduction and visibility within Partnership network.
- Other: Plan and execute events that support past graduates of the programs.
- Manage communications to ensure smooth, timely and efficient operations of the program.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Partnership Fund marketing /PR resources to identify opportunities for positive positioning of the program in traditional and social media.
- Public Relations/Social Media/Web presence - Develop and deploy a public relations and social media strategy and enlist support with implementation; maintain and update the program websites.
- Proactively remain informed and current on competitive landscape and key trends in transportation and infrastructure technology.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of work experience recruiting and managing a team, in or related to investing, startup incubation and acceleration, marketing, and/or ecosystem development
- Transportation or government experience preferred.
- Experience and passion for the NYC startup ecosystem critical.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing and organizational skills.
- Skillful at building relationships with senior stakeholders. Able to manage relationships with Partnership network, entrepreneurs and Partnership staff.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including, but not limited to:Medical,Dental,Vision,401(k) and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required