Symphony Space, a two-theatre, not-for-profit performing arts center at 95th & Broadway in New York City, seeks a creative, energetic, and organized full-time Junior Graphic Designer to join its in-house Marketing Department.
Symphony Space is a multi-disciplinary performing arts center where bold programming, presented in a uniquely warm and welcoming environment, forges indelible relationships between artists and audiences. Our fundamental mission is to connect art, ideas, and community through our programs and our commitment to literacy and education through the arts. On our New York City stages, through our national broadcasts, and in the classrooms and communities we serve throughout the country, we foster access to the arts through all the disciplines. Our embrace of the audience and the arts is wide, and the experience of our audience is deep and enriched.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, edit, and produce a variety of print and digital material, including posters, ads, postcards, brochures, mailers, flyers, invitations, house programs, building signage, social media/website/e-newsletters graphics, and special event signage
- Update existing collateral, maintaining a consistent aesthetic
- Work closely with marketing team to deliver innovative designs that are consistent with the brand and organization’s mission
- Assist in establishing overall marketing strategies and priorities in partnership with marketing team and the other in-house departments
- Meet schedules and tight deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment
- 1+ years of design experience
- Strong knowledge of Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and designing online content. Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Creative design portfolio
- Layout and typography skills (including setting up master pages, paragraph styles, etc.)
- Strong digital design background
- Proficient print production knowledge
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Eager to work in a collaborative team and interact with all other departments
- Ability to be flexible and open to other’s input
The Junior Graphic Designer reports directly to the Senior Graphic Designer.
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes health insurance; life and long term disability insurance, flexible spending plan; annuity plan; and three (3) weeks’ vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email (with “Junior Graphic Designer” in subject line) cover letter, resume, and a link to online portfolio to:
Carolin Beine, Senior Graphic Designer
No calls, please.