Scheduling and Administrative Assistant to the Executives of Alliance for Safety and Justice
- Job posted by Alliance for Safety and Justice
The Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ), a project of the Tides Center, aims to replace prison waste with new safety priorities rooted in prevention and community health. To accomplish these goals, ASJ partners with state-based advocates to advance policy reforms that will significantly reduce incarceration rates and racial disparities in the criminal justice system, and engages in strategic communications at both the state and national level.
In partner states, ASJ will provide support and technical assistance to organizations advancing justice reform through alliance building, issue education, and policy advocacy. ASJ is committed to both reforming state justice systems and empowering the communities most harmed by concentrated crime and over-incarceration. ASJ is the sister organization of Californians for Safety and Justice, a project of the Tides Center (www.safeandjust.org) and Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund, a 501(c)4 project of The Advocacy Fund.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice is looking for an administrative professional dedicated to ensuring the efficient, timely and reliable completion of the organization’s Vice President’s day-to-day administrative tasks and other administrative needs of the organization. An ideal candidate will have experience working with a high-level executive in a campaign or social justice advocacy setting. The Scheduling and Administrative Assistant will report to the Vice President’s Program Manager, will work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President and will be in charge of juggling multiple job responsibilities on a daily basis, including but not limited to scheduling, booking travel, logistical support for meetings and other office administrative needs. This position requires someone comfortable communicating with all levels of staff, partners and funders to ensure tasks get completed in a timely fashion. This position is for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment with great initiative and attention to detail.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls for the Vice President who has an extremely busy frequently changing electronic calendar
- Arrange complicated travel including flight, hotel, ground travel, etc. Prepare and distribute itineraries using TripIT and execute changes to travel plans.
- Anticipate and flag potential scheduling conflicts as they arise
- Communicate regularly with other administrative, professional, and managerial staff and external contacts around scheduling and administrative needs
- Arrange logistics for in-person meetings including booking meeting space and restaurant reservations and occasional catering
- Provide on-site support (e.g. tech support, letting guests up) for meetings, conference calls and video conferencing as needed
- Book and coordinate meeting reservations at restaurants, venues, etc.
- Compile the Vice President’s expenses and receipts and prepare and submit company credit card and reimbursement reports
- Provide additional administrative support as needed including but not limited to: answering the office phone, restocking supplies, serving as first point of contact for office guests and shipping materials to remote staff and offices
- Display the utmost level of discretion and ethical standards in safeguarding highly confidential material.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate Must Have:
- A keen attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude
- Flexibility, adaptability and patience in dealing with multiple quickly shifting priorities and demanding timelines
- Expert organizational and follow-up skills
- Outstanding written communication skills
- The ability to anticipate needs, solve problems and proactively ask for help when needed
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn technical tools such as, travel management (TripIT), video conferencing (Zoom, Gotomeeting, Google Hangouts), email management (Boomerang), project management and messaging tools (Asana and Slack)
- Expertise with Google’s productivity suite (calendar, email, drive, docs, sheets)
- Experience assisting a high-level executive, preferably in a campaign or social justice advocacy setting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent administrative experience
- A passion for the Organization’s mission to reduce the prison population by replacing prison waste with smart and safe solutions that keeps crime survivors at the core of their focus.
Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time. Some travel may be required.
Downtown office environment with open seating areas and individual offices. Standard work desks and furniture, fluorescent lighting. There is an elevator in the building. Located close to train station.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Tides Center offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, and annual leave.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with a reference to the job title, “Applicant name- Scheduling and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
- A one-page cover letter that explains your interest in the position and how you match the stated requirements;
- Your resume;
- 3-4 professional references, and;
- 1 writing sample.
Position open until filled.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice, a project of Tides Center and the sister organization of another Tides Center project, Californians for Safety and Justice, as well as Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund, a 501(c)4 project of The Advocacy Fund, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the
lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Minimum Education Required