Details: Competitive BOE
401 Pacific Ave
About The Academy of Alameda Elementary School:
The Academy is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world contexts and where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between home, school, and the world through the lenses of identity, diversity, justice, and action. AoA students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and will be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners.
AoA Elementary School is a new charter school that opened in August 2015 with kindergarten and first grade. We are adding a grade each year until we are a K-5 school, at which point we will merge with The Academy’s existing middle school (currently in its eighth year) to be a fully integrated K-8 program.
For the 2018-19 school year, we are accepting applications for classroom teaching positions at second grade.
The Academy of Alameda seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children's families is essential
- Are reflective educators committed to understanding how their own identities interact with and influence the identities of their students
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure that every child will succeed
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Enjoy their work
- Demonstrated success in teaching
- Belief in AoA mission and philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Experience with and interest in working with high needs students
- Hold or are working towards California Multiple Subject teaching credential
- Applicants of color strongly encouraged to apply
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and participate in California State Teachers Retirement System.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and participate in California State Teachers Retirement System.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit the posting via the link to BambooHR.