The Center for Global Health and Development (CGHD) is seeking a Policy Analyst to assume a paid, part-time role at the Center, with a potential performance-related advancement opportunity. The work will primarily be conducted remotely through tele-work, however there may be travel opportunities in the future.
About the Center:
The Center for Global Health and Development addresses the most pressing global health challenges through partnership, cooperation and innovation. We serve as a neutral broker, bringing together stakeholders from across sectors (private sector companies, governments, development finance institutions, multi-lateral agencies, NGOs, investors) to forge partnerships to bridge the gap between global health and finance. Our focus lies in:
- Providing advice and strategic policy guidance on issues ranging from innovative financing mechanisms, to creative deal structures, to strategies for increasing access to care in emerging markets;
- Facilitating relationships, fostering collaboration, and brokering partnerships and between stakeholders; and
- Strategic engagement and communications to help partners mobilize resources and support for global health priorities.
We are currently seeking a Policy Analyst to join us on a part-time basis. The successful candidate will help the Center conduct research and provide input on a wide range of issues related to growing access to healthcare in emerging markets. The Policy Analyst will also support the Center by assisting with the design and execution of strategic sessions and engagements with senior leaders in government, the private sector, foundations, multi-lateral organizations and the investment community from around the world.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research and analyzing data on a wide range of global health topics;
- Drafting policy proposals, position papers, reports, briefings and other materials for partners and senior staff;
- Monitoring a variety of pressing topics for important developments and providing proactive analysis;
- Supporting the planning and co-ordination of workshops and roundtables, including managing logistics and developing presentation materials;
- Preparing engagement plans, identifying potential targets for outreach, and developing a wide range of materials for stakeholders, investors, and funders;
- Preparing speeches, event outlines, email outreach templates, and other communications products;
- Providing input to and assisting with the management of the Center’s online presence, including designing a social media strategy; and
- Participating in meetings and conference calls with strategic partners to discuss issues and develop pathways forward on global health issues.
- Strong commitment to solving the world’s most pressing healthcare challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, international affairs, public policy, communications, business administration or a related field
- Experience in policy analysis, research and/or project management
- Demonstrated excellence in a wide range of written communications in English (a writing sample may be requested)
- Proficiency in interacting with senior officials, including leaders and decision makers across the public, private, philanthropic sectors as well as global health influencers
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills
- Sound judgement, self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Strong research and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and solve problems
- Capacity to quickly adapt, prioritize, and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment