Kingston Chamber Music Festival seeks Full-Time Executive Director
- Job posted by Kingston Chamber Music Festival
This is a remote work position based in Rhode Island, as KCMF currently does not have a permanent office. Please note: the successful candidate must reside or be willing to move to the Rhode Island area.
The Executive Director can work from home but should expect to have meetings in the Kingston area 2-3 days per week as well as meetings in other parts of Rhode Island. During the two-week summer festival, the Executive Director will be expected to spend long days at the URI Fine Arts Center. Travel for regional conferences or other meetings may occur throughout the year. The Executive Director works closely with the Artistic Director and Board committees to deliver the festival, school outreach program and off-season concerts. She/he is a member of several Board committees including Development, Operations, Finance, and Education. Given the small staff, Board members perform a number of tasks related to operations and play a major role in fund-raising. However, it is expected that as the Executive Director becomes more familiar with the organization, she/he will take on a greater role in development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operations Co-chairs Operations Committee with Vice President of the Board to plan and oversee all activities related to delivering the festival and other KCMF events.
- Manages KCMF’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, which is used to track and report donations, ticket sales, and the results of marketing campaigns.
- Prepares contracts for artists and concert venues. Hires and manages all seasonal staff for the festival, including box office manager, concert manager, and several stage crew members.
- Oversees artist transportation and housing.
- Supervises the seasonal box office and box office manager and ticket sales associated with off-season events.
- Manages all outside contractors providing website support, graphic design, printing services, photography, bookkeeping, and other support services to the Festival.
- Financial Management Manages KCMF’s bookkeeper and is responsible for managing the annual budget established by the Board.
- Marketing and Outreach Manages Kingston Chamber Music Festival’s website content updates.
- Manages production of all printed materials related to the festival and off-season concerts, including program books, festival and concert advertising materials, writing, editorial and design assistance from board members and volunteers as needed.
- Manages social marketing efforts.
- Development Sits on the Development Committee and assists in preparing grant applications and fundraising letters to private and public sector sponsors and individual donors.
- Works with the Board to cultivate donors and sponsors and expand the Festival’s network of support (private donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations).
- Education Programs Contributes to the design and administers the schools outreach program in conjunction with the Artistic Director and the Education Committee.
- Liaison with other Organizations Liaises with outside organizations (including arts organizations and others) to expand the festival’s audience base and develop a closer connection to the community and to other arts organizations throughout Southern New England.
- Coordinates with the URI Music Department regarding space, concert dates, student interns, and special events.
- Strategic Planning Works with the Artistic Director and the Board to develop and implement strategic plans to ensure Kingston Chamber Music Festival’s long-term growth and sustainability.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3-5 years experience managing an arts or arts education organization.
- Familiarity with the performing arts business, including contracts, marketing, and locating and managing venues.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Experience using a CRM a plus.
- Excellent digital, written and oral communication skills.
- BA or equivalent degree in music, communications, education or relevant field.
- Interest and experience in building an organization.
- Ability to advance Kingston Chamber Music Festival’s mission locally and regionally by making personal connections and being a presence for the Festival within the community.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute responsibilities.
- Excellent management skills.
- Collaborative team builder with strong diplomatic skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, especially during the busy summer concert season.
- Applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview by December 15, 2018.
- Interviews will be scheduled in January and February 2019.
- Job offer will be formally extended before March 15, 2019.
- Job begins on April 15, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Managing an Arts Organization: 3 years (Preferred)
- Contracts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent (preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please supply the following required materials at email@example.com:
● Cover letter with contact information
● Resume/CV addressing the listed experience and qualifications
● Other relevant materials, as appropriate