Facility: Clinician reports to Heartsong, 277 Martine Avenue, Suite 230, White Plains, NY 10601; serves various community facilities per Heartsong contracts.
Position: Two positions are open: (1) Music Therapist & (1) Art Therapist
Reports to: Clinical Director
Population: Children and Adults with Special Needs, Seniors.
Schedule: 4 weekdays in Westchester area schools, morning-afternoon (4-5 hours/day), September through June following program year calendar. Other contracts as filled (TBA).
Qualifications: MT-BC/ATR, NYS LCAT
Compensation: $45/hour (as employee), plus prep time.
Start Date: September 2021
If interested, send cover letter and resume to: Jen Hastings, at above address or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan, implement and execute therapeutic interventions for each weekly session.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic environment that facilitates development toward therapeutic goals through music & art therapy modalities.
- Be thoroughly familiar with participants’ disabilities, behaviors, medications, and any other developmental or functional issues that can impact the therapeutic process.
- Ensure that all groups have proper supervision.
- Responsible for immediate reporting of any and all incidents to both school and Heartsong Clinical Director occurring during service time.
- Responsible for starting and ending groups according to established schedule.
- Responsible for setting up / maintaining an emotionally and physically safe environment for clients, volunteers, and interns.
- Ensure teachers are kept informed of any changes in program that could impact clinical sessions.
- Discuss with teachers and administration any issues relevant to the clinical work, as needed/requested.
- If applicable: direct volunteers during clinical sessions to optimize therapeutic environment.
Field Work Students/Interns:
- If applicable: interview and supervise student(s) and complete proper documentation.
- Supervise processing of all paperwork to the Heartsong main office.
- Prepare weekly progress note for each client, as required.
- Conduct assessments and complete forms as needed for follow through with clinical team, as required.
- Set goals and objectives for each client, as required.
- Responsible for timely reporting (within 24 hours) of any and all incidents occurring during service time.
- Participate in required administrative, clinical and planning meetings.
- Responsible for leaving treatment facility in an organized and clean condition.
- Responsible for keeping all Heartsong equipment in good condition.
- Coordinate with Clinical Director to replace/purchase equipment and supplies for treatment sessions.