Details: Salary: $35,000-45,000/year based on experience and qualifications
The mission of the Petey Greene Program is to supplement education in correctional institutions by preparing volunteers, primarily college students, to provide free, quality tutoring and related programming to support the academic achievement of incarcerated people. We are a small, growing organization with over 20 employees in eight states with a national headquarters based in Princeton, NJ.
We are seeking a Communications Manager who can create and implement communications strategies as well as build a strong online community with continuity across all social media platforms. The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and administering both traditional and social media content that is designed to engage an interactive relationship between volunteers, donors and the Program.
- Develop and execute communication strategies, public relations, social media content and media outreach
- Write and edit copy for all initiatives including, but not limited to articles, website, email marketing and social media
- Regularly update website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Liaison with regional teams for consistency across communication and to include regional happenings in social media outlets
- Manage projects to ensure content is publication-ready and in by the deadline
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and targeted audiences
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Work closely with the field and development team to develop campaigns that help to recruit new volunteers and donors
- Building, tracking and testing of digital fundraising campaigns
- Research and monitor emerging social media trends and content
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies
- Manage agency and other vendor relationships in production of digital and non-digital marketing materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
- Experience creating targeted content both for traditional and digital marketing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related work experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications strategy development
- Experience with Content Management Systems (website), Photoshop, Video editing software, and digital publishing applications
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
Health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, 401k, flexible hours, working remotely at times, travel reimbursement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample (required) to Meg Tavares (email@example.com) no later than Friday, July 27th at 5:00 PM EDT.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, formerly incarcerated and differently-abled people to apply.