15 State Street
About Boston Harbor Now
Boston Harbor Now is an exciting new civic organization in Boston, building on 60 years of experienceinvested in realizing all that Boston Harbor contributes to the city and the region. We are committed to maximizing the benefits of Boston Harbor for everyone through quality programming, policy, planning and design. Boston Harbor Now works with our public, for profit, and nonprofit partners to develop the following:equitable public access through well-designed climate resilient parks and infrastructure; water transportation; maritime industry and other marine-related economic drivers; mixed-use and mixed-income resilient waterfront development; programming that promotes recreational and educational uses; and maintenance of a healthy environment. We envision and promote a thriving harbor that belongs to everyone, is environmentally healthy, resilient to climate change, and fosters economic, community and individual health and wellbeing. We accomplish this by advocating, activating, planning, and developing a harbor that drives the prosperityof our region.
We are seeking a part-time, professional with accounting and communications skills to join our growingorganization as a bookkeeper/accounting clerk. The position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and is responsible for processing specific financial transactions and monitoring thefinancial activities of Boston Harbor Now.
- Process accounts payables
- Process all payments in Quickbooks accounting system
- Ensure accuracy of all invoices (including coding) and that proper approvals are obtained inaccordance with organizational policies
- Process check runs
- Process and record entries/ACH transfers
- Prepare invoices/process accounts receivables
- Generate invoices for all revenue sources including foundations and federally funded grants and agreements
- Ensure all documentation is properly filed
- Process credit card and employee expense reimbursement reports for all staff Perform reconciliations
- Monthly closings and annual audits
- Perform activities related to monthly closings including the preparation of journal entries,depreciation, prepaid schedules, intercompany transfers and deferred revenues
- Participate in cash management and reconciliations
- Assist with audit and 990 tax reporting preparation
- Assist with other activities to support the accounting function as requested
- Other/Misc. duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates degree in Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years accounts payable and accounts receivables experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems required; experience with Quickbooks and non-profitaccounting is a plus.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines, with strong organizational skills and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work well independently and strong communication skills to interact with coworkers,management, and outside vendors.
- Strong listening and follow-through skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, Boston Harbor Now aims to create a thriving,
inclusive team that values all aspects and perspectives of each member. To apply please send your
resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please use the
Subject line “Bookkeeper Application (your last name)” in your email.