330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Training & Employment Funds provide education and job training programs for over 40,000 unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. Our mission is to develop high quality training, placement and labor-management initiatives. We also aim to develop the ability of union and management to problem-solve difficult issues and to create innovative healthcare solutions.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Workforce Development Consultant II for our Workforce Innovative Opportunity department.
- Leads and develops joint labor management training work to identify needs and resources
- Collaborate with all level stakeholders, union staff leaders, including officers, physicians, clinical leaders, labor relations and human resource staff; community-based organizations, workers and supervisors to ensure needs are met and that programs are designed and implemented to achieve high levels of completion to create opportunities for incumbent workers and to create sustainable models for best practices
- Establish relationships and serve as primary liaison with key stakeholders to: explore training and development requests through labor management process; research and identify contract with best options, partners, vendors; organize meetings (set agenda, presentations and all materials); lead subcommittee work to develop model and use stakeholder input to design processed and trainings; create strategies for hard to fill vacancies to ensure upgrade opportunities
- Review vendor credentials and curricula; select and evaluate vendors and services
- Write, revise and manage development of curriculum; research, evaluate training and education programs to identify best practice instruction models; word with higher education institutions (including Deans) to partner and support development of training clearinghouse and align programs to industry needs.
- Partner with and serve as a primary stakeholder liaison with unions, employers and industry associations, educational institutions such as colleges, universities, and officers of higher education institutions
- Provide lead support to address complex and/or sensitive issues; design new programs based on stakeholders input; develop and implement education programs
- Evaluate training programs and recruitment initiatives. Conduct continuing improvement of education programs.
- Develop, design and implement assessment tools and surveys to identify workforce training needs. Review vendor credentials and curricula; select and evaluate vendors and services
- Support Workforce Investment Program (WIP) through development of workforce strategy to support transition to Value Based Payment contracting
- Evaluate and develop curricula as needed; Research, evaluate training and education programs to identify best practice instruction models; evaluate and develop curricula as needed
- Works with higher education to partner and support development of Workforce Investment Organization ( WIO) training catalogue and align programs to industry needs
- Implement knowledge, skill and ability assessments to support job seeker/workers
- Direct and implement training within and across the MTLCP regions
- Assists the Associate Director and Director to create budgets. Manage and monitor spending. Review proposals and approves vendor rates. Oversee timely processing of vendor payments and addresses payment issues
- Problem solves participant issues and challenging case management situations. Presents innovative and creative solutions to resolve challenging issues
- Oversee administrative processes to ensure accurate and timely data collection and entry
- Analyze data, develop reports and provide recommendations based on the data. Support analysis of complex concepts and information sharing to key stakeholders
- Participate in Training & Employment Fund (TEF) organized best practice workshops and review material to stay informed on trends that impact our work. Keep stakeholders and WIO staff up to date on trends and best practices. Engage in collaborations across TEF and across long term care sector to keep current on VBP, health care reform, Delivery System Redesign Incentive Payment (DSRIP) , and evidenced based workforce development strategies
- Maintain the confidentiality required of the organization and the department
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, education related fields, or labor/management work or equivalent years of experience required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum six (6) years workforce development, health care human resources, or field related to professional and or skill development in health care industry required
- Advanced skill level of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Working knowledge of group facilitation/dynamics, and identifying interests of group
- Experience within healthcare sector or unions highly preferred
- Experience in curricula development, managing a curricula design process, and curricula writing preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and teamwork skills; able to maintain strong partnerships with Union partners in order to ensure training projects are implemented successfully
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure, multi-task, establish priorities, and constructive program planning
- Ability to travel to various locations in Upstate NY area
- Available to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends as required
- This is a long-term temporary position
medical, dental, 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7297. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.