Staten Island Health Care Integrator (Social Worker)
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
PROGRAM: Bridges to Health
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. NAC is currently seeking applicants for a Health Care Integrator. Field work will be primarily in Staten Island; office work will be performed at the main facility’s convenient Midtown Manhattan location. The Bridges to Health Program provides family and community support services to children in foster care and their caregivers so that these children can remain in the community and avoid placement in institutional settings. These services complement existing foster care services for children who are medically fragile, developmentally disabled, or suffering from serious emotional disturbances, and can involve multiple family networks and follow the participant after the foster care case has closed.
· Engage children and caregivers to assess relevant child and family dynamics, including strengths and needs.
· Evaluate the need for Bridges to Health services; complete eligibility assessment.
· Develop and implement with child and family an integrated service plan (also known as the “Individualized Health Plan”) that outlines services needed to support the child in his or her home and community;
· Evaluate the plan’s effectiveness with child and family and update on an ongoing basis.
· Link child and family to needed supports and services, including skill building, intensive in-home supports, employment-related services, respite, crisis intervention and avoidance, advocacy, and adaptive and assistive equipment, among others; coordinate with these services.
· Ensure a stable environment for the child.
· Empower child and caregiver.
· Advocate for child’s needs.
· Coordinate and hold team meetings as necessary to discuss potential solutions with all involved parties.
· Participate in quality management.
HOURS: This is a full time position. Evening and Saturday hours may be required occasionally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A master’s degree in social work, plus knowledge of providing service coordination and information, linkages, and referrals for community-based services to children with special needs or individuals with disabilities.
Please specify “Staten Island HCI” when applying, and email resume and cover letter to:
Mary Ann Code
New Alternatives for Children, Inc
37 West 26th Street, 6th floor
New York, NY 10010
Phone: 212-994- 7938
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”
Minimum Education Required