1000 Vermont Ave NW, FL 3
Join Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) as we work to make the global energy and transportation systems more secure, clean, and affordable. Just as the Internet economy transformed society in unexpected ways, the advanced energy economy has the potential to create dramatic new opportunities for economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. In working to create a better business climate for advanced energy, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to work on the cutting edge of energy and transportation policy. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
AEE seeks a smart, innovative Transportation Associate on a one-year contract basis to join AEE’s Advanced Transportation program, which is focused on advancing transportation electrification policy around the country. The Transportation Associate will further AEE’s mission by supporting AEE’s growing transportation program and its state policy work, which includes regulatory and legislative education efforts. Working in daily collaboration with the Vice President leading the Advanced Transportation program, the Transportation Associate will help draft regulatory filings, contribute to documents supporting legislative developments, support the 20-company working group that guides the program, and track policy developments across the states. The Transportation Associate will work collaboratively with members of the AEE’s policy and communications teams as well as AEE’s external partners.
AEE is seeking a highly energetic and self-starting professional with a background in transportation or energy policy and/or issue advocacy at the state or federal level.
· Help draft regulatory filings for state utility commissions based on AEE’s extensive body of work as well as input from AEE’s staff, members, and partners.
· Support the development of documents (e.g., bill summaries), in support of legislative educational efforts in coordination with AEE staff, members, and partners.
· Help organize the monthly working group calls for the Advanced Transportation program.
· Track policy developments as they unfold in state executive agencies and legislatures for the AEE team and its membership.
· Work with the Advanced Transportation program lead, other AEE staff, members, and partners on goal-setting, strategy and implementation to meet short and long-term policy objectives.
· Participate in legislative, rule-making, and administrative processes as necessary.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with AEE staff, members, partners as well as key legislative and administrative staff.
· Work with communications staff to identify and seize opportunities to showcase stories and evidence of electric vehicles taking hold in the states.
· Travel on an as needed basis to targeted states for meetings with key policymakers, allies, and stakeholders, communications outreach, and other efforts on behalf of AEE.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy or Communications preferred; Science and Engineering Degrees are also appropriate if the candidate has strong writing abilities
· One to three years of professional experience in transportation/energy policy development or advocacy
· Ideally, an interest in transportation/energy issues and an understanding of the importance of education and advocacy in improving policy
· Entrepreneurial approach, flexible attitude, and ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
· Intellectual curiosity, inquisitive nature, and excellent listening and problem-solving skills
· Performance-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, demonstrated initiative and commitment to achieving goals
· Must be willing to travel
Special Application Instructions
Please submit a cover letter expressing why this position and organization interest you, as well as a current resume no later than November 16th to be considered for this position.
Job type: One year contract position.
Location: Flexible location but Washington, DC and Boston, MA preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. AEE is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required