Details: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
445 Sherman Avenue
QuestBridge is a nonprofit organization that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities at our nation’s leading educational institutions. To learn more, check us out at www.questbridge.org.
As a Technical Documentation Writer, you will focus on creating new, and editing existing, technical documentation for the QuestBridge organization. You will also help define and create documentation for internal processes, by collaborating with all teams across the organization. As an ideal candidate, you should have prior experience writing documentation, and be comfortable working individually as a self-starter. This role is critical to QuestBridge’s information infrastructure.
This position reports directly to the Data and Technology Manager and works closely with the Business Analyst and Platform Analyst.
- Design, write, and edit process documentation as well as technical documentation for products, features and platforms.
- Write helpful, accurate, well-organized, consistent, and highly effective content from scratch.
- Improve upon existing documentation by standardizing format and adding up to date content.
- Manage organization and maintenance of documentation.
- Work closely with engineers, data analysts, platform analyst, program and support teams to ensure the quality and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Work with the organization to review and edit documentation throughout the writing process.
- Quickly gain working knowledge of organization’s procedures and process workflows to help create documentation.
- Assist Data & Technology team with supportive tasks when needed.
- Advise and train users on the use of the products and platforms being documented.
- Share completed documentation with organization, and answer questions related to it.
- 1+ year(s) of Technical Documentation writing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work.
- Keen sense of accountability.
- Detail oriented and well-organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to incorporate feedback.
- Passion for QuestBridge’s mission.
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word
- Moderate proficiency using Microsoft Vizio or other diagramming tool
- Moderate proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using SQL
- Exposure to a variety of SaaS platforms
Competitive compensation is commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time, temporary position, possibly leading to a regular employment role, at the QuestBridge office in Palo Alto, CA.
Well-rounded benefits package with regular, full-time employment.
Minimum Education Required