Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) (http://softwarefreedom.org/) provides pro bono legal services to developers of free and open source software. We provide our clients with licensing advice, license defense, trademark counseling, patent defense, and non-profit organizational assistance. We also produce educational and advocacy materials regarding legal issues related to free and open source software.
The SFLC seeks an intelligent, motivated Business Manager to handle the operational, organizational, and administrative oversight of the Software Freedom Law Center and it’s affiliate organizations. The Business Manager is responsible for a broad range of duties.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing budgets and analyzing financial results and data, including P&L and balance sheet; providing explanations of results variance to plan, forecast & prior years; and preparing financial data for governing boards.
- Accounting and financial recordkeeping.
- Invoicing and accounts payable.
- Overseeing operations including work equipment, ordering supplies, and maintaining archival records.
- Overseeing employee benefits and compensation programs and employee onboarding and termination procedures.
- Processing the firm's payroll.
- Managing the Executive Director's calendar, scheduling and confirming meetings.
- Coordinating SFLC’s primary annual conference and other conferences, public meetings and panels.
- Overseeing the coordination of travel arrangements and itineraries for the Executive Director and other staff members and preparing expense reports in compliance with SFLC guidelines.
- Collecting materials for and organization of the Executive Director's files including keeping contacts database current.
- Managing the flow of incoming communications, reading, distributing and responding to correspondence for the firm.
- Screening and monitoring calls and emails, fielding questions, and/or forwarding them to the appropriate person.
- Handling special projects, conducting research, analyzing data and generating reports as instructed.
- Building and maintaining a list of upcoming Free and Open Source Software conferences.
- Preparing correspondence, meeting agendas, reports, and presentations as directed.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, and a minimum of two years of related experience required.
- MUST be detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong ability to plan and forecast, and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter able to work independently while keeping Executive Director apprised of progress and issues.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments, and work with diplomacy and efficiency.
- Familiarity with Free and Open Source software for office use preferred.
Full benefits package provided. Flexible work schedule with option to work remotely.
Minimum Education Required