Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an over $6 million annual budget that supports a staff of over 50 employees. POGO does not accept donations or other revenue from for-profit corporations or the government.
POGO’s Civic Engagement team is looking for a talented Program Associate to assist with and contribute to the planning and implementation of POGO’s civic engagement program. The Program Associate (Civic Engagement) will maintain resources and support activities that help engage new and existing POGO supporters and motivate them to take higher level advocacy actions in support of POGO’s mission. The Program Associate reports directly to the Director of Civic Engagement.
● Provide substantial support in maintaining, drafting, and updating POGO’s civic engagement campaigns, issue pages, and outreach materials—including the quarterly civic engagement newsletter.
● Track and support outreach to current and potential POGO citizen advocates.
● Coordinate and manage online (and possibly in person) event logistics for the civic engagement team including scheduling, promotion, post-event reporting, and ensuring that each task necessary for an event is done properly and according to all relevant timelines and budgets.
● Maintain and update impact and other civic engagement progress monitoring tools.
● Provide general administrative and logistical support to the civic engagement team.
● Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism, timelines, and effective communication with all professional contacts.
● Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at a time.
● Demonstrated commitment to working in a nonpartisan, collaborative, respectful manner with diverse stakeholders.
● Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to solve problems and adapt to changing circumstances.
● Experience using public affairs/grassroots advocacy platforms such as Quorum, Salsa Lab, EveryAction plus, but not required.
● Experience in public affairs and/or public-facing community-based advocacy in a professional environment is a plus, but not required.
Compensation, benefits, and other information:
The job is full time and includes the listed benefits. This position is available for remote work.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: October 4th
Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to…