Details: This is a part-time role that has the possibility to become a full-time role.
One East 53rd Street
Young Audiences New York was founded in 1952 to give young people living in poverty access to performances- specifically chamber music concerts in their own neighborhoods. Since the 1970s, we have expanded to focus on the artistry of children, giving them opportunities to create alongside professional artists. Nearly 70 years since we began, we remain committed to our cause: using the arts to level the playing field for New York City’s children in under-resourced schools and communities.
Young Audiences New York – So All Children Can Experience and Create Art!
As part of an administrative team that is responsible for raising approximately $1.5 million dollars annually, and reporting to the Deputy Director for Fund Development and Finance, the Development Associate will also collaborate with Young Audiences New York’s (YANY’s) External Affairs Manager, Executive Director, and Board of Directors to ensure the success of YANY’s fundraising efforts.
The organization’s strategic goals require a large increase in individual support and a sharp focus on donor stewardship. The Development Department is seeking a forward-looking individual with non-profit development experience to help the organization achieve these goals for stability and long-term growth.
• Maintain database of current funders and donors, prospect lists and calendars;
• Maintain online and paper development files;
• Track contributions, acknowledge gifts, and maintain funder records;
• Participate in development planning and strategy meetings.
• Collating and organizing application packages, including all required attachments;
• Coordinate with outside vendors to facilitate support of grant management;
• Support the Development Department and Executive Director in engagement of individual donors and board of directors, and maintenance of donor relationships.
• Research prospective funding organizations (foundations, corporations, and government agencies) and individual prospects;
• Support the Development Department in the planning and execution of special events and donor appeals.
• Experience working in an office environment, ideally in the nonprofit field
• Passion for arts education and/or arts administration
• Confident with picking up new technologies; exposure to Donor Perfect, Salesforce, or another fundraising database preferred
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and good judgment; quick and responsive; and a self-starter comfortable leading and taking initiative
• Strong communication skills
• Proven experience meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations, managing complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
• Some nights and weekends required for fundraising events
Young Audiences New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. If you need an accommodation for a disability, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 212-319-9269.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume that represents your most relevant work history to the email provided.