720 Rose Avenue
The Development Manager works with the Development Director and the Executive Director to build and maintain relationships with current and prospective funders, collaborators, and the general public. Duties include grant writing; foundation, corporate and donor relations; event planning; marketing/communications, and community engagement. Some evenings and weekends are required. The Development Manager reports directly to the Development Director.
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants, research demographics/community needs
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Assist with all fundraising events; including providing leadership in VCH’s annual signature event.
- Solicit in-kind donations
- Maintain donor database and reporting criteria
- Contribute to the production of the newsletter and other publicity materials
- Work with all departments to gather relevant budget information and supportive program information, in order to prepare accurate and relevant fundraising material support
- Maintain VCH’s website and social media content
- Recruit and work with volunteers on development related projects
- Represent VCH and the Development Department during various internal and external meetings, professional, community and social events
- Participate in VCH’s community engagement and advocacy efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software, preferably DonorPerfect
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fund development or directly related field
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Experience doing research of census and other demographic data
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in successful fund raising focused on individual, business, and in-kind giving. Strong proofreading and editing skills are a must with the ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- Independent worker and thinker
- Proficient in public speaking
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be detail oriented and able to work with a small team and in cooperation with volunteer committees and key organizational stakeholders
Additional Qualification Preferred
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles foundation and corporate community
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Experience with community-based non-profits
- Experience with WordPress website platform
Job frequently requires sitting for extended periods of time entering data into a computer and handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, driving, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
VCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, Aflac, 403 (b), vacation, sick time, 12 holidays and 2 personal days. This is full-time non-exempt position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to the Director of Operations, Paola Fontana, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing, 720 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. NO PHONE CALLS.