Details: Competitive Salary
W!se is a leading NYC based nonprofit dedicated to developing economic and financial literacy and readiness for college and careers. Our organization fosters long-term strategic partnerships among leaders in business, education, and government. It is an organization with a culture of caring that is doing meaningful work to improve the lives of the 200,000 people we reach each year. Visit www.wise-ny.org for more information.
We are seeking a strong candidate to manage a national program and competition which supports global history and economics education in secondary schools nationally. The position will report to the Executive Vice President.
The ideal candidate has a passion for our mission and experience overseeing a national program. She/he will drive program growth, identify and secure new partnerships, coordinate delivery of the program throughout the school year in collaboration with partners and organize regional and national training and competition events. Some travel required.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Recruiting secondary schools nationally
• Organizing and managing execution of all aspects of large scale event planning including the annual competition for schools in collaboration with national partners
• Preparing and managing communications
• Securing strategic regional partners to support program expansion
• Promoting/marketing the program at conferences etc.
• Planning and delivering online and onsite training for teachers and students
• Recruiting volunteers to support the regional competitions and other events
• Managing/updating the program website and generating content for social media
• Collecting program and evaluative data and preparing end-year reports
• Ensuring that the program is achieving its goals and is rated by constituents as best-in-class
• Growing the alumni network and expanding alumni relations
• Developing and editing programmatic and marketing materials
• Fostering, building and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders
• College Degree in social sciences, secondary education, business, or other relevant field
• 2-4 years of experience in program management, economics and/or education
• A track record of success managing a national program preferred
• Demonstrated leadership in cultivating and developing key relationships
The successful candidate should be a take charge, energetic, organized team player and have
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with deadlines
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Superior writing, oral communication and public speaking skills
• A strong sense of accountability to achieving goals and student outcomes
• Ability to operate with purpose, accuracy and extraordinary attention to detail
• Highly proficient technology skills and knowledge of social media
• Knowledge of economics preferred
Medical, 401 K
Minimum Education Required