2200 6th Avenue
POSITION TITLE: Associate Regional Director
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Assist in supervising program staff, volunteers and interns, including contributing to their hiring, training and evaluation. May directly supervise one or more support staff.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), founded in 1913, is the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, fighting anti-Semitism all forms of bigotry and hate, defending democratic ideals, and protecting civil rights for all. ADL achieves its mission through disseminating information to raise awareness, education youth, training law enforcement, speaking out in defense of civil liberties, and advocating for policies and positions that promote social justice.
Assist the Regional Director in planning, developing and implementing advocacy initiatives, program activities and services in the community to advance ADL’s mission within the Pacific Northwest. Assist the Regional Director in planning development events and overall fundraising activities. Work with the Regional Director to plan Board meetings and Board engagement activities. Assist the Regional Director with the administration of the office including office management, budget preparation and staff supervision where appropriate. Serve as back-up to the Regional Director as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track, respond to and resolve incoming complaints of discrimination, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues reported by community members to ADL. Conduct research, initiating contacts and developing sources as appropriate. Coordinate with Civil Rights Area Counsel as appropriate. Ensure that required reports are maintained.
• Develop and implement community outreach including initiatives and joint ventures with elected leaders and diverse interfaith and cross cultural organizations active within the region.
• Provide staff support and programming to lay-led committees which may include Civil Rights, Nominating, Executive, and others as assigned.
• Assist Regional Director with fundraising activities, including planning parlor meetings and fundraisers, and developing relationships with donors.
• Implement ADL programs and projects, tailoring them to local community needs and issues. Manage education and human relations programming such as Hate Crimes Education.
• Participate in government affairs activities, maintaining regular contact with state, local and national officials. Advocate for ADL issues in state and local legislature.
• Oversee assigned regional program staff and the programs for which they are responsible. Assist in the recruitment and supervision of office administrative support staff. Select and supervise interns. Ensure the smooth-functioning of the regional office in the absence of the Regional Director. May assist in budget preparation and general office management.
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Two to five years of progressively responsible human relations or community service experience including program and operational management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree plus additional related college courses or professional training.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL and to attend community events. Some travel within the region is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link above