Social Accountability International (SAI) advances human rights in workplaces around the world. It is a global, multi-stakeholder, non-profit organization founded in 1997. SAI’s shared vision is of decent work everywhere—sustained by widespread understanding that decent working conditions can benefit business while securing basic human rights. SAI is a leader in policy and implementation – developing social standards and guidance, delivering training and capacity building, and convening partnerships to drive dialog and consensus-based solutions. For more information about SAI, check our website www.sa-intl.org.
Objectives: The Communications and Marketing Manager will work with the management team to develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy to enhance SAI’s profile and brand and advance our mission. This role is key to supporting engagement, partnerships and resource development.
SAI’s practical and innovative programs involve a diverse, global group of stakeholders. The Communications and Marketing Manager will ensure that all communications reflect the brand and voice of SAI, yet are adjusted to engage different audiences. The Manager will develop, edit and design materials, with a focus on compelling written and visual story-telling of SAI’s mission, programs and impact. The Manager will facilitate online platforms, social media and other platforms to inform, inspire and grow SAI’s network.
SAI has varied sources of funding: a significant portion is earned through training and corporate programs fees; additional support is contributed by government and foundation grants and individual donors. The Manager will support the program departments to effectively position and market SAI's programs and services for these various sources.
Manage Communications and Marketing Content and Materials.
Prepare and distribute SAI flagship communications materials and promotional documents in a variety of print and digital formats
- website and social media content
- monthly newsletter and annual report
- press releases, articles, white papers
- presentations, speeches, meeting packets
- project briefers and information sheets
- marketing brochures, presentations, etc.
- model proposals and fundraising appeals
- internal briefings and talking points
- press materials, e.g bios, photos, press kits, media releases
Manage photo and video library
Support the design, production and distribution of program materials as delegated by project managers and directors, as needed
- case studies, handbooks and other publications
- online training center user guides
- training and technical assistance content
- project reports
- Board materials
Produce communications policies and design and style guides
Manage Online and Social Media Platforms
- Manage and maintain SAI social media channels and website
- Develop strategies to engage more people and grow new audiences and channels for SAI brand development and fundraising
- Keeps abreast of digital marketing channels and partnerships; expand promotional opportunities
- Assist with special events as necessary
Manage Database and Analytics for Marketing and Communications
- Conduct analytics of marketing and communications data (e.g. Google analytics), and integrate into future strategy and implementation
- Maintain and continually improve database systems (e.g. Access, Salesforce) and processes
- Grow the subscriber base for SAI communications in accordance with annual goals
- Track program participants and cross-promotional opportunities among departments
- Conduct market intelligence, including marketing surveys and benchmarking external programs
Support Relationship Development and Management
- Work with global and HQ staff and partners to coordinate news and publicize activities
- Work with staff and partners to effectively communicate with stakeholders and manage inquiries and complaints
- Support the Joint Boards Resource Development Committee, coordinating logistics, taking and drafting minutes and coordinating action items with relevant Board members and staff
- Support research and identification of new funding opportunities not already on the program departments’ work-plans – in particular, crowdfunding, social-media related opportunities
- Support scheduling of communications and marketing meetings and follow-up
- Support program teams with corporate and grant proposals and donor communications, as needed
- Assist with media relations, as needed
Qualifications and Core Competencies
Experience and Education:
- BA or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a communications, marketing, development or fundraising role with strong writing requirements
- Strong administrative and project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and make decisions on how to prioritize tasks
- Familiarity and experience with international workplace human rights, CSR & labor issues and organizations strongly preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional and/or cross-cultural teams strongly preferred
- Experience with both a nonprofit or social enterprise and with a private sector employer a plus
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with databases, web-based tools, CRM/CMS, and analytics tools
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills across all dimensions (written, verbal)
- Work well under pressure in a professional and positive manner with different teams
- Skills in developing, building, and maintaining a brand with key stakeholder groups, preferably in both corporate and nonprofit and/or public policy settings
- Strong organizational skills with ability to create and enhance systems and processes
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines, maintaining meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to distill complex organizational information to convincing and engaging copy
- Ability to write quickly in a variety of voices and formats
- Basic graphic design skills strongly preferred
- Dedication to mission, intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, initiative, process-orientation, team-orientation, pragmatism, flexibility, resourcefulness, willingness to experiment. orientation to measurable results, appreciation of diversity
Compensation commensurate with experience and appropriate for a charitable organization of SAI’s size. Excellent benefits package. SAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required