Jewish Community Services Building
2100 Arch Street
The Associate of Donor Engagement supports the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s development and fundraising programs. The Associate is a key part of the team responsible for implementing donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition programs to enhance our relationship with prospective and existing donors including promoting recognition of giving at all levels. The individual will play an integral role in managing and implementing the strategy for high-profile donor stewardship. The position reports to the Director of Development Communications and Engagement. The ideal candidate has a passion for improving our communities, has excellent management and communication skills, and is highly motivated and detail-oriented.
Major Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with the Development team to implement programs and activities designed to maintain and cultivate long-term, quality relationships with donors that lead to deepening commitment and philanthropic support.
- Build infrastructure around volunteer leadership, committees and boards.
- Manage process for meaningful volunteer leadership programming and engagement.
- Manage volunteer pipeline development and communications materials needed for outreach.
- Manage reports on giving and stewardship opportunities. Track stewardship requirements for grants and foundations to ensure reporting obligations are met.
- Work with the Development Team to implement stewardship strategies for varied giving levels on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Development Staff in management of affinities and committees designed to engage and steward donors.
Successful Candidates Will Possess These Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated, highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and a team-oriented approach.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience with development software.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires managing multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. All applicants will be asked to submit writing samples.
- Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with internal and external constituencies.
- High level of maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
- Demonstrated creative thinker who has the ability to collaborate with Development Staff and to strategize plans to retain and engage donors.
Education & Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in development, communications, project management or customer service, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Expertise in fundraising relationship management software
- Experience in InDesign, Adobe and other creative software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Education Required