Details: This is a part-time hourly position, pay commensurate with experience and skills. Temple Beth Shalom is an equal opportunity employer.
670 Highland Avenue
Event Host Job Description
The Event Host is a responsive and engaging problem solver who provides support to bar and bat mitzvah celebrations and other private events held at Temple Beth Shalom. The Event Host creates a pleasant atmosphere for event guests and focuses on ensuring excellent customer experience for those who are hosting an event in our space.
The Event Host serves as day of event in-house concierge and event manager by:
- Coordinating pre-event with our Hospitality Manager
- Ensuring that all day-of-event legal and industry standards for are met
- Ensuring that event runs smoothly
- Coordinating with Temple Beth Shalom event support staff such as custodial and security teams
- Coordinating with family’s event support staff such as caterer and DJ
- Greeting and directing guests upon arrival
- Monitoring event in progress and checking in with event family
- Submitting end of day report on event to Hospitality Manager
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding hospitality skills - able to reflect the values of the congregation in word and deed
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to hear and speak in order to exchange information in person and by phone
- Ability to see in order to monitor event activity
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally, to retrieve and store supplies
- Occasionally lifting moderate-weight objects
- Ability to be mobile in order to review set-ups and to actively manage events in progress
This is a PT position on Saturday mornings or afternoon/evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Using the email address below, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, describing your interest in this role and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please submit both documents in either Word or PDF format, and address your cover letter to the David Kaplan, Managing Director.