1730 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Communications Associate, Design and Web based in our Washington, D.C. office. The Associate of Design and Web will bring Flamboyan’s story to life visually through graphic design and photography and manage Flamboyan’s major web assets including its website and email campaign system.
Who We Are
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure every child in the US and Puerto Rico receives an outstanding education. In D.C., Flamboyan is accelerating student learning by helping educators and school systems transform their relationships with families. In Puerto Rico, Flamboyan is ensuring students are reading in Spanish on grade level by third grade while building a thriving philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
What You’ll Do
The Communications Associate position offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that is working to improve student learning. This role is part of the Communications team, reports to the Senior Managing Director of Communications and will work closely with the Communications Manager, Content and Digital on projects.
- Serve as webmaster for Flamboyan’s WordPress-based website
- Coordinate website and email campaign activities on the department’s editorial calendar
- Create email campaigns using our email campaign system, MailChimp
- Track, analyze and report on metrics for web and email activity
· Design collateral for projects ranging from fact sheets and infographics to event invitations and reports in support of Flamboyan’s flagship brand and individual program initiatives
- Become an expert in our brand guidelines and support adoption of them by Flamboyan’s staff
- Partner with communications team colleagues in Puerto Rico to align look and feel of branded materials and projects
- Manage relationships with print vendors and facilitate staff printing requests
- Photograph Flamboyan events & maintain photography and media release catalogue
- Maintain collateral inventory on internal shared drives
- Maintain a project calendar and ensure deadlines are met or exceeded
- Support the SMD of Communications as needed on tasks and special projects
· Proven graphic design ability with strong proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
· Managed WordPress websites blogs
· Email campaign management & design skills
· Photography (and photo retouching) experience
· Customer service orientation
· Ability to manage multiple projects and produce work quickly
· Willingness to accept guidance and give and receive open and honest feedback
· Strong propensity to be a self starter and natural problem solver
· Videography experience
· Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English
· Experience designing Microsoft Word and PowerPoint slide master templates
How We Value You
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment. Our work is guided by four foundational core values that keep us grounded.
- People. We believe in the power, dignity, value, potential, and good intent of all people.
- Equity. We challenge ourselves, one another, and our partners to collaborate to identify and eliminate the barriers faced by historically underserved populations [so that everyone has the same access, consideration, respect, and opportunity].
- Impact. We create lasting, meaningful social change.
- Catalytic Action. We pursue our goals with passion and urgency and activate others internally and externally to carry our work even further.
For more information please visit www.flamboyanfoundation.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please submit the following items online at https://grnh.se/9cad40e22.
· Your resume;
· Tailored cover letter describing your relevant qualifications for this role and interest in Flamboyan Foundation; and
· Work Samples
o Graphic design portfolio with at 3-5 pieces representing your best work
o Photography portfolio (only if available)
It is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit. Applications submitted by October 8, 2018, will receive best consideration.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.