411 East Clinton Avenue
Founded in 1984, the JCC Thurnauer School of Music offers a program similar to the finest pre-college conservatories in a nurturing environment that enables students to reach their personal best. The school offers an exciting and diverse music curriculum for all ages, beginner to conservatory prep including private lessons, classes and orchestra, choral, jazz, and chamber ensembles. Thurnauer has active partnerships with public and private schools that make studying music a reality for students who otherwise would not have such opportunity. One of these partnerships is the 20-year Music Discovery Partnership (MDP), between the Thurnauer School and the Englewood schools. Serving children in grades K to 12, it includes the Young People’s Chorus at Thurnauer (YPC@T), an affiliate of the acclaimed YPC of NYC.
To provide artistic support for an expanding choral program and to act as a partnership liaison between the Thurnauer School of Music and the Englewood Public School District.
Skills and Knowledge
· Outgoing and warm personality
· Ability to gain the respect and trust of school administrators, and chorus families
· Confident musician and educator
· Initiative, sound judgement and ability to work independently and within a team
· Strong internal and external communicator, who is sensitive to and respectful of diverse populations being served through these partnerships.
We are looking for an emerging leader who is excited by choral music and music education overall, an organized manager, who wants the opportunity to maintain and build on our successful and acclaimed choral program.
· Previous experience singing in and/or working with choirs
· Previous experience working within a non-profit or arts organization
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Music, Arts Management, Vocal/ Instrumental Performance
Rehearsal and Concert Support:
· Work along with the Artistic Director to create, plan, schedule, and maintain concert season
· Be on-site at the public schools and Thurnauer while programs are taking place; trouble-shoot when necessary
· Co-produce all YPC@T events and performances on and off-site
· Assist with auditions, rehearsals and performances on and off site and all choral events
· Lead sectional rehearsals when needed
· Ensure the well-being and safety of choristers at all times
This position is part-time (14 hours a week total) and is being offered for a qualified candidate interested in being involved with a dynamic and growing choral program. Interested candidates should submit a résumé to Renata Kapilevich. Candidates are also welcome to call if they have questions at 201-408-1463
For more information about the JCC Thurnauer School of Music, please visit www.jccotp.org/thurnauer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply