Details: Pay is $18/hour
Oasis Legal Services is a nonprofit organization in Oakland providing immigration legal services to the LGBTQ community. Our primary focus is helping LGBTQ immigrants who have fled violence and homophobia win asylum in the United States
Oasis Legal Services is searching for a receptionist to join its team of dedicated staff members, interns, and volunteers. The receptionist will be largely responsible for communicating with clients over the phone, helping clients check in and out when coming and going, scheduling appointments, and other miscellaneous organizational tasks.
The receptionist’s areas of responsibilities include:
- Answer, screen, and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Welcome clients by greeting, helping them sign-in, and directing them to their appropriate caseworker
- Take payments from clients, set up payment plans, and manage organized payments tracking system
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as scheduling appointments, filing, photocopying, scanning, collating, faxing etc.
· Fluency in Spanish and English
· Proven work experience in similar positions
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under tight deadlines, and work with little supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
· Minimum high school degree or equivalent
· Comfortable working in a multi-cultural setting
· Passion for LGBT immigrant rights
· Fluency or conversational in another language (Portuguese is a particular plus, but any third language would be a bonus)
Wage and hours
· This is a part-time position. The receptionist is expected to work 3 days each week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Must be the same 3 days each week, but we are somewhat flexible on which days those can be
· Pay is $18/hour
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Reception Position” in the subject line.
Level of Language Proficiency
All applicants MUST fluently speak English and Spanish, no exceptions. It is a bonus if you speak a third language, particularly Portuguese, but this is not a requirement.
Minimum Education Required