6 West 48th Street
Who We Are:
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $200 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 35 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Who We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, self-starter that has passion for RPA’s mission and values, and a commitment to excellence. The individual must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and command a strong attention to detail. This person must be curious, passionate about Human Resources, and committed to exceptional client service and enjoy problem solving. Candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
Working independently and with the HR Team the HR Associate supports the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions. The key responsibilities include:
- Supporting recruitment efforts including job postings, screening of candidates, managing interview schedules, and performing reference checks;
- Maintaining human resource files and records including filing, organizing, and updating.
- Providing support for payroll, benefits, and new hire processing activities;
- Supporting distribution of information/publications of HR-related information and materials including employee handbook, benefit enrollment, intranet updates, etc.;
- Providing support for preparation and maintenance of enrollment documentation and employee orientation materials;
- Processing and preparing for payment invoices directed to the HR department;
- Supporting coordination of fulfillment of all reporting requirements in regards to relevant government rules and regulations;
- Providing support for management of vendors for outsourced benefits functions; ensuring that related files are kept up-to-date and in compliance;
- Performing other duties as required and assigned.
- At least 2 years work experience in the HR field, with an emphasis in recruitment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Sound judgment to support working with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to high quality work, consistency, organization and follow through in executing tasks for internal as well as external audiences is vital
- Knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading, and editing ability, required
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a diverse team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interface with staff at all levels directly or virtually
- Strong problem solving ability and exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office a must; advanced proficiency in Excel a plus
RPA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here.
No telephone calls, please.