Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Objective: Oversee all aspects of Centralized Agency Purchasing, Procurement, Warehousing, Transportation, Donations, and Distribution
Scope: The Logistics Director is responsible for the overall planning, supervision and management of the Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc. (“MHSA”) centralized purchasing, shipping, receiving and storage functions, as well as Food Service, Donations, and Motor Pool operations. The Logistics Director is responsible for liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and donors of materials, externally, as well as agency program directors and management, internally. The Logistics Director is also responsible for data collection and all reporting in conjunction with compliance with all pertinent state, municipal and federal regulations, and funder requirements applicable to the aforementioned functions and operations. This is an exempt, salaried position.
Program: Purchasing Department
Schedule: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
Compensation: 75k /yr
- Negotiate prices with vendors and suppliers ensuring best price and quality for MHSA Programs.
- Monitor existing contracts.
- Ensure proper inventory control measures, including organizing, cataloging, and monitoring storage and distribution of agency supplies.
- Track quality and quantity of stock, shipments, and MHSA turnaround for distribution, including routes, delivery times, transport costs, and overall efficiency in the fulfillment of orders.
- Act as liaison with all MHSA Program Directors ensuring timely supply and quality control of all needed supplies.
- Develop/revise ordering forms and procedures as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection procedures/protocols.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with Greater Boston Food Bank.
- Prepare monthly service reports for all MHSA programs associated with the Food Bank based on the numbers of beds.
- Ensure strict compliance regarding all Food Bank standards.
- Conduct annual census report for MHSA Food Pantry.
- Conduct quality census of dinners served at the Bristol Lodge Soup. Kitchen and lunches (sandwiches) served at the Men’s and Women’s Shelters.
- Ensure that MHSA contracts with an adequate number of women and minority-owned vendors.
- Supervise, train and coach Purchasing, Warehouse, and Food Service staff.
- Coordinate all donations of food, supplies and materials to MHSA, including necessary logging entries and tracking of donors.
- Coordinate the pick-up, receipt, organizing and distribution of holiday season gifts.
- Administer all MHSA Motor Pool operations, including, but limited to, vehicle repair, warranties, service and maintenance, as well as inspections, registrations, and deployment per program need.
- Review and administer all crashes and incidents involving MHSA motor vehicles.
- Resolve any arising problem and complaints.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness objectives.
- Ensure all protocols and departmental standards are met.
- Strengthen and expand departmental collaborations and linkages.
- Conduct quarterly inspections of all MHSA Programs and facilitate annual municipal departments of public health food permits when needed.
- Abide by all MHSA policies and procedures regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Various other responsibilities, as assigned by Chief Financial Officer from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper departmental functions.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration or related field.
- Four (4) years experience as a logistics manager and as a supervisor.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge and experience with inventory control, purchasing, warehousing and distribution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract management.
- Excellent written and verbal and computer skills in standard logistics software.
- Ability to work with diverse staff serving diverse populations.
- ·Ability to work independently and as a team player on multiple projects simultaneously, in an often fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for Full Time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.