Details: The Old Colony Y offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
A Job Where You Can Make a Difference!
Old Colony YMCA has brought people together in communities throughout Massachusetts for 130 years and counting! This is a place where people of all ages, genders, religions, cultures, and beliefs can come together to learn from each other, get healthy, and find strength.
We do this important and compelling work through eight full-facility branches, a multi-site child care branch; a branch serving families experiencing homelessness and a branch that operates residential/non-residential programs for adolescents.
Full time Case Manager positions are available for both the Old Colony Y Family Support programs and Family Services programs that support families experiencing homelessness and families referred by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) within the structure of childcare. The Case Management position includes:
- Monitoring compliance with the Department of Housing and Community Development and Department of Children and Families.
- Assessment of client strengths/needs
- Referrals to community based services
- Accompanying families to meetings, appointments, etc. as needed to provide advocacy, explanation and support.
- Attending and actively participating in Family Services activities, groups and special events as needed to develop healthy relationships with families.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years experiencing in human services, residential setting or with at-risk families
- Valid Driver’s License with safe driving record (SDIP Points)
- Experience working with youth and families in crisis
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Able to walk three flights of stairs
- Experience w/Microsoft office suite. Suite includes word, excel, access and PowerPoint
- Additional skills should include grammar, punctuation, spelling and business writing
The Old Colony YMCA offers a competitive salary, discounts on child care, free fitness membership, 70% paid medical and dental benefits, tuition reimbursement, free short- and long-term disability, and a 10% employer-paid retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required