City Harvest is New York's first and largest food rescue organization, helping to feed millions of New Yorkers who struggle to put meals on their tables. This year, we will rescue 118 million pounds of fresh, nutritious food and deliver it-free of charge-to more than 400 food pantries, soup kitchens, community partners, and our own mobile markets across the five boroughs. We work alongside our community partners to boost community capacity, expand nutrition education, and strengthen local food systems. For more than 35 years, City Harvest has always been there to feed our city-one day, one meal, one New Yorker at a time. To learn more, please visit www.cityharvest.org.
The Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support, organizational assistance, and project coordination for the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer, VP Facilities, Controller, Director of Finance, Director of Risk Management, and Director of Business Intelligence.
• Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations for high-level meetings including board and staff meetings, to include charts, tables, and graphics.
• Maintain high-level knowledge of Finance & Accounting, Facilities, Information Technology, Business Intelligence, and Risk departments’ functions and activities in order to respond to internal and external inquiries and requests for information and departmental support.
• Manage a system for quarterly reporting to ensure deadlines are met and final materials (e.g. report narratives and metrics) for meetings are submitted for review accurately and by the deadline.
• Provide the Chief Finance and Administration Officer with administrative support, managing a complex schedule to include internal and external meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of materials for conference calls, board reports, and business trips to include conducting research as requested.
• Organize departmental meetings to include conducting research as requested, collecting and drafting agendas, coordinating catering, supplies, and multi-media. Attend meetings as needed and take and distribute minutes (notes).
• Circulate documents (e.g. contracts, policies, and request forms) to ensure appropriate parties are copied on the pertinent documents and to acquire necessary approvals.
• Develop and maintain an electronic and paper filing system for Operations Guidelines, SOP’s, and resources.
• Compile and process expense reports and vendor payment requests accurately and by the deadline.
• Assistant with special projects and other assignments as directed by the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer.
• Education: Bachelors’ Degree.
• Experience: 5+ years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant with roles increasing in scope and complexity including 2+ years successfully supporting high-level executive leaders of a department or an organization.
• Computer Skills: Outstanding skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); eager and capable of learning new software; knowledge of GIS a plus.
• Outstanding project management skills, excellent in managing shifting timelines and priorities, able to accurately and thoroughly follow-through, able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Results-oriented: creative and tenacious in accomplishing tasks, positive and calm attitude with inclination to view problems as challenges and enjoy finding solutions.
• The Ability to create effective and dynamic PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to use excel spreadsheets to understand and analyze data through chart tables.
• Strong ability to work proactively and take initiative.
• Superb organization and prioritization skills; high attention to detail.
• Ability to view the larger picture and strategize how to continuously improve systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to diplomatically manage interactions with individuals at all levels and job functions both inside and outside of the organization.
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential information.
City Harvest is New York's first and largest food rescue organization, helping to feed millions of New Yorkers who struggle to put meals on their tables. This year, we will rescue 118 million pounds of fresh, nutritious food and deliver it-free…
There are many fantastic reasons to choose a career with City Harvest. In addition to fighting food insecurity in New York, City Harvest offers a competitive salary, full benefits (including medical, dental, and vision) with employer contributions towards premiums, employer-provided life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with matching employer contributions. We also offer discounted staff perks (movie tickets, gym memberships, cellular plans, etc.), generous time off, and professional development opportunities.
City Harvest will be moving all operations to Sunset Park West, Brooklyn beginning with our warehouse and distribution in March 2021 and our programmatic and other operations in Summer 2021.
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
There are many fantastic reasons to choose a career with City Harvest. In addition to fighting food insecurity in New York, City Harvest offers a competitive salary, full benefits…