District of Columbia
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced campaign and political professional to assist in our efforts educating and informing congressional, senatorial, and presidential candidates and campaign staff in the 2018 and 2020 election cycles on the importance of elevating development and diplomacy, alongside defense, to advance America’s interests and values around the world. The position will reside in Washington, D.C.
- Assist Impact 2018 and 2020 initiatives by researching, monitoring, and tracking the status of congressional, senatorial, and presidential campaigns, and scheduling opportunities for campaign engagement by USGLC’s network.
- Conduct Research on networks of influencers and prominent advisors of the current Administration and federal candidates.
- Track and monitor statements and policy positions of elected officials and candidates both in formal policy documents, event appearances, and televised debates.
- Assist and support Field Team in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states, including small and large-scale events and programs and on-going membership communications.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for executive-level internal and external audiences in support of outreach activities.
- Support special projects across organization and departments as needed.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- At least one cycle of experience in a political campaign; with presidential, senatorial, and/or congressional campaign experience, or campaign committees highly desirable.
- Knowledge of international relations and interest in foreign policy desirable.
- Interest and passion in political campaigns and elections.
- Highly organized and superior written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment with superior attention to detail.
- Willingness to schedule and support meetings with prominent state and political leaders.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a broad-based influential network of 400 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and résumé to Derek Gianino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Outreach Assistant” in the email subject. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.