Details: $3,750 per month - 7 months contract
55 Exchange Place
As the Immigration Education Advocate (IEA), you will coordinate case management and individual service plans for program participants.
Responsibilities for the IEA include:
· Meeting with participants face-to-face regularly
· Developing and maintaining accurate and complete case records for all program participants, and maintaining confidentiality of all records.
· Conducting intake interviews and orientation sessions with each Program Participant within contractual timeframes.
· Conduct outreach to local schools, churches, and community centers to screen for and secure program participants
· Host community workshops oriented towards immigration and education needs
· Attend comprehensive immigration screenings and consultation days hosted by Hispanic Federation legal counsel
· Refer participants to needed services, including legal, mental health, and academic services
As the Immigration Education Advocate, you must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated tact when interacting with employees, community contracts, government official, and participants. You will also need demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament with the ability to deal tactfully with the public.
Additional requirements include:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, or related social services/human service field preferred
· At least two (2) years’ relevant experience in a field related to law, social work, detention, corrections, government, or similar field.
· Experience dealing with multicultural clients.
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
· Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, and procedures.
· Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and the Internet.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish language skills REQUIRED.
· Valid driver's license required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Ms.Stephanie Gomez - firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please!