Company: Code in the Schools
Location: Baltimore City, MD
Status: Full-Time Employee
Salary: $36-40K, depending on experience, plus benefits
Code in the Schools (CITS) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower traditionally excluded and underrepresented youth by expanding learning opportunities in the field of computer science. We currently serve Baltimore City Public Schools and many community partners. We are seeking a Student Engagement Coordinator to join our dedicated team to help us expand access to computer science education for Baltimore City youth.
The Student Engagement Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all aspects of student and family outreach, engagement and retention across Code in the Schools’ programs.
- Assist the Programs & Events teams with program planning, recruiting, delivery and follow-up.
- Work with the Communications team to develop materials for program promotion and recruiting.
- Serve as point of contact for student/family questions about and interest in programs.
- Help facilitate student/family information sessions, applications and program enrollment.
- Engage students during programs to ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Collect data on program quality.
- Advance “voice of the student” in programs by helping to organize student advisory and other avenues for student influence and input.
- Keep in touch with students after programs to track outcomes and impact.
- When in-person programs resume, this role may have responsibilities to coordinate supplies and equipment, prepare worksites for participants, manage snacks/meals, etc.
- Perform administrative support duties and other duties as assigned.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required occasionally.
- Ability to develop strong rapport with middle- and high-school aged Baltimore City youth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage time and priorities
- Passionate about working with youth
- Good judgment with ability to make timely and sound decisions, often in ambiguous situations.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities