311 California Street
Responsible for all aspects of volunteer recruitment and management of multiple high end ($100,000+) special events in the San Francisco Bay and surrounding area. The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for implementing and executing the St. Jude Fitness and Dinner/Gala/Golf fundraising campaigns that include an annual Walk and recruitment of endurance fundraising athletes for the St. Jude Heroes program, Warrior Dash, and other programs identified in the market. Responsibilities include fundraising, sponsorship, recruitment, marketing, volunteer coordination, logistics planning & analysis and support.
This position works closely with committees and volunteers to reach ambitious revenue and participation goals.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising and public relations
- Possess very strong communication, organizational, interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
- Face to face interaction with event volunteers/sponsors
- Has complete understanding of office procedures, operations and all fundraising activities
- Understand difficult verbal or written instructions
- Understand data processing applications
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years fundraising, sales, marketing and/or related experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Travel throughout the region is required
Our benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and commitment to work-life balance, means you can work to help other families while always being there for yours.
- This position will also receive a company car.
Minimum Education Required