134 Golden Gate Ave
Tonight, more than 1,300 young people will sleep in shelters or on the streets of San Francisco. Tomorrow must be different, and Larkin Street Youth Services is building the momentum to end youth homelessness through coordinated prevention efforts, direct services, and research and advocacy.
Since 1984, Larkin Street has empowered more than 75,000 youth, ages 12-24, build a better future. We provide comprehensive engagement, housing, education, employment, and health services to help these young people achieve a permanent pathway out of poverty. Our work is changing lives: three out of four youth who complete our programs exit homelessness.
Larkin Street is rapidly growing to meet the needs of youth experiencing homelessness. The Institutional Giving Manager is a newly created role that joins the agency’s eight-member Development team. This position will help execute an institutional fundraising strategy to secure more than $3 million in private grants from an existing portfolio of corporate and foundation funders and cultivate new institutional partners.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt/Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union/Non Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Manage and grow an existing portfolio of institutional funders to help achieve the private grants fundraising goal, which supports the Development team’s overall goal
· Write compelling, accurate grant LOIs and proposals to meet funder deadlines
· Identify and qualify prospective corporate and foundation donors for grant solicitation
· Collaborate with program staff, the Finance department, and the Research & Evaluation team to gather and synthesize information for grant proposals and reports
· Represent Larkin Street at special events, networking opportunities, and outreach/public education engagements (occasionally outside of standard work hours)
· Maintain updated records of grant deliverables and communications in Salesforce NPSP
· Develop and manage a Private Grants Goals Archive for tracking grant objectives and outcomes
· Help manage volunteers on an as-needed basis
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
Larkin Street seeks an experienced Institutional Giving Manager with strong writing, analytical, and communication skills. The Development team works creatively and collaboratively to exceed our ambitious fundraising goals. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· 2+ years of grants management and grant writing experience preferred, or similar technical writing experience necessary
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
· Flexibility in a fast-paced, complex environment
· Tech savvy with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with CRM databases (Larkin Street uses Salesforce NPSP) helpful
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Minimum Education Required