Details: :$ 45/hour for instruction and curriculum development; $25/hour for administrative tasks and meetings
225 Bush Street
We’re looking for a: Occupational Skills Instructor (Healthcare Programs)
What will you do? You will teach subjects such as basic office administrative skills, workplace professionalism, cultural competency and customer service as they relate to healthcare settings. You will provide this job skills training over a course of 8 weeks and will assess student progress and readiness for work. This is an hourly position.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and the ability to:
- Communicate Effectively: Excellent stand-up training and delivery skills including the ability to actively engage participants using a variety of interactive teaching modalities; Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Cultivate Relationships: Excellent skills in classroom management, customer service, relationship management
- Provide Quality Client Service: Able to communicate and resolve issues using patience, diplomacy, and tact
- Drive to Outcomes: Strong organizational and administrative skills; ability to manage priorities; prepared
- Demonstrate Flexibility: Able to adapt and pivot while teaching to best meet the needs of the clients
- Practice Inclusion: Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to work with economically, culturally, and linguistically diverse clientele
- Think Critically: Strong decision making skills; awareness of when it is important to consult
- Grow Professionally: Learn from constructive criticism and try different methods to best serve our clients
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A minimum of two years’ experience teaching basic skills to adult learners in classroom settings
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver lessons contextualized for workforce training
Education: BA/BS in Education, Adult Education or a related field
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, performance-based measurements, other qualitative/quantitative assessment tools
- Master’s Degree in Education, Adult Ed, or other related field
- Experience teaching or curriculum development in any of the following: Job Search Strategies, Customer Service, Workplace Communication, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving, Diversity/Culturally Competent Communication, Supervision/Leadership Development, Career Development, Change Management
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use Occupational Skills Instructor in subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please. Hourly Rate: 45/hour for instruction and curriculum development; 25/hour for administrative tasks and meetings – non-exempt.
JVS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from diverse applicants – people of color and from diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Are there benefits? This is an hourly, part-time position and is not eligible for benefits, except as required by law (paid sick leave, contributions to a healthcare flex plan)
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, non-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use Occupational Skills Instructor in subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please