This position will provide HARP/ Adult HCBS services with participants referred from Care Management Agencies. These services are intended to contribute to the reduction of unnecessary hospitalization/ institutional level of care and improved societal integration of those served. Services will focus on one or more of the following: Psychosocial Rehabilitation; Habilitation; Educational Supports and Employment Support Services (Transitional Employment, Intensive Supported, Pre-Vocational, Intensive Supported Employment (ISE)), and/or Educational Supports Services. Service delivery is designed to be flexible and individualized and is focused on the promotion of skill development and identification of community supports in order to overcome deficits related to function and motivation.
· Provide designated services with participant in home and/ or community based setting(s).
· Provide services as outlined in each participant's Plan of Care.
· Coordinate with each participant's Health Home Care Manager regarding the frequency, scope and duration components of each participant's goals and maintain regular communication with each Care Manager regarding participant progress with services and services planning.
· Complete and submit all required documentation as associated with service delivery and as outlined by each participant's Health Home Care Manager, Managed Care Organization (MCO) representatives and/ or agency supervisor(s).
- Conduct / administer identified service assessments within identified timeframes.
- Develop HCBS Individualized Recovery Plan based on service assessment and needs.
- Demonstrate excellent time and task management skills, as well as oral and written communication skills. (Other duties and assignments as may be assigned at the sole discretion of the employer)
· Associates degree and two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience; Preferably Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working in a home and/ or community-based settings;
· Valid NYS driver's license and vehicle insurance coverage preferred;
· Able to travel independently within the community;
· Knowledge of harm reduction and person-centered service provision preferred;
· Must be willing to provide services in participants' homes.
· Intermediate Word and Excel a plus
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
· Navigate and negotiate through difficult situations
· Experience with crisis management a plus
· Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
· Must be able to document medical necessity for services
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
· Supervision provided by VP of Employment & Recovery Services
Special Working Conditions:
· Requires ability to travel via subway
· Requires climbing stairs
· Must be able to maintain clear boundaries with participants
Minimum Education Required