How you will contribute to our organization:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
We are looking for a highly motivated Human Capital Business Manager to join our Human Capital & Organizational Effectiveness Department! As an HC Business Manager, you will play a critical role in developing, leading, and administering key human capital functions and overseeing process improvements critical to system functionality, decision making, and the employee lifecycle. In partnership with the Chief People Officer and the Director, Human Capital, you will be responsible for managing the Satellite Human Capital team including process oversight and improvements, data analytics, and human capital procedure and policy implementation. The Human Capital Business Manager reports to the Chief People Officer. This is a full-time, exempt role based out of the EAC YMCA branch.
What are the details?
- Assist the HC & OE Department in designing and implementing a sustainable and innovative talent acquisition practice in support of the EAC YMCA branch.
- Act as a trusted partner within the HC function and in support of branch operations.
- In partnership with the Human Capital department’s leadership, administer human capital initiatives to support branch needs.
- Maintain all personnel policies and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation to staff.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and makes recommendations for improvement of the branch’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Support staff to resolve human resource problems, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommend effective courses of action elevating high-level issues to the Metro HC team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the branch staff and leadership providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Drive implementation and measure the outcomes of HR projects/initiatives specifically those related to merger integration.
- Support department in defining and tracking KPIs related to merger integration, process improvement, and talent acquisition.
- Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements, and alternatives based on specific needs.
- Provides leadership and oversees employee information collections, analysis, and reporting; supervises the input of data and ensures data integrity
- Ensures HC standard operating procedures are in place and followed.
- Oversees internal auditing and quality control efforts within the Satellite HC team.
- Gathers, consolidates, and analytically processes information related to branch HC function.
- Engages in preliminary analysis of collected data and reports on findings to Human Capital Metro team.
- Understands how effective people and organization management can differentiate the Y from the competition and further our cause.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Satellite Human Capital team.
- Maintain a basic level of knowledge of relevant employment laws ensuring compliance is maintained at the branch.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Education & Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in human capital (HR), business management, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience. Preferred experience in human capital (HR).
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can effectively tailor your communication to the appropriate audience
- Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner. You operate well in a deadline-drive environment.
- Strong Critical Thinker: You seek to understand and can see multiple sides of a problem and anticipate reactions and outcomes
- Innovative: You embrace new approaches and creative thinking to assess and implement effective processes related to talent acquisition
- Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve
- Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our organization and departmental goals
- Sense of humor: You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.