5100 South Broadway
The Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking a full-time Site Coordinator for its Expanded Learning department. The Site Coordinator’s main function is to perform as the program’s visionary leader, ensuring quality service delivery. This role acts as YPI’s main point of contact for all stakeholders at the site level and therefore must act in accordance with the Expanded Learning department’s purpose and outcomes at all times. Site Coordinators are also responsible for ensuring that the program at their site meets both YPI compliance, as well as grant related requirements.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the expanded learning program.
- Supervise program staff (Assistant Site Coordinators, Afterschool Youth Leaders, Athletic and/or Enrichment Instructors).
- Conduct interviews, make hiring recommendations, take disciplinary action and evaluate staff.
- Provide training, guidance and ongoing support to all program staff.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Create and organize program schedule to include academic, recreation, and enrichment activities.
- Plan, organize and participate in expanded learning program events and field trips.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, and communication with school personnel, YPI staff, students and families regarding all aspects of student involvement in the expanded learning program.
- Recruit students to ensure attendance outcomes are met on an annual basis per grant requirements.
- Assist with student to staff ratio when necessary, facilitate classes and clubs as needed in absence of regularly assigned staff.
- Monitor and enforce school and YPI policies and procedures to provide a safe, respectful and positive learning environment.
- Invest in staff professional development by conducting classroom observations, assessing needs, engaging in coaching conversations and referring staff to training sessions, as needed.
- Conduct surveys for periodic program evaluations, including surveys of students, staff and parents.
- Collect, review, approve and submit timesheets by specified deadlines.
- Submit all required documentation on a timely basis, including attendance reports, snack counts, program schedules, enrollment & consent forms, monthly supply orders, and field trip forms, amongst others.
- Represent the mission of YPI and uphold all policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in agency and department required trainings.
- Travel to off-site meetings and trainings.
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. attendance, student enrollment & consent forms, staff sign-in sheets, etc.).
- Maintain documentation relating to staff performance issues; provide guidance and ongoing support to staff as needed.
- Disseminate agency and department level information to staff in a timely manner.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines.
- Evaluate work site for safety concerns to minimize workplace injuries.
- Make recommendations for workplace safety.
- Must wear YPI uniform while on duty.
- Report workplace injuries via appropriate forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Copy of diploma and/or degree will be requested, if hired.
- One year experience working with youth in a classroom or afterschool setting required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Minimum one year experience in a supervisory role required, preferably in an afterschool program or school setting.
- Ability to supervise staff and work in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with technology and have the ability to adopt the use of new software and databases.
- Must maintain appropriate boundaries with students, parents, school personnel and staff at all times.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as administrators, teachers, parents, students and other stakeholders.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) is a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days prior to hire date
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive to work site at scheduled time consistently. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver’s license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid Certification within 60 calendar days of employment.
- Completion of other required trainings (i.e. worker’s compensation, training against harassment, etc.) when assigned.
- Full-time, regular after school hours, some weekends and/or evenings may apply. Hours vary by school site and program need.
Los Angeles, CA
YPI is an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.ypiusa.org to apply or click on link below. A completed application and resume are required for consideration.
YPI’s mission is to create opportunities for low-income families and communities through technology, education and training services