Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
We are currently seeking Psychiatric Technicians for our children's residential subacute psychiatric facility.
Our Psychiatric Technicians work within an interdisciplinary team including Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, Child and Family Therapists, Registered Nurses, and others to provide direct care and support to the children and adolescents experiencing an acute psychiatric episode. This position offers an extraordinary opportunity to enter the mental health field and gain experience facilitating skills groups, guiding structured recreational activities, and supporting the clients we serve in their daily activities.
Albertina Kerr utilizes Collaborative Problem Solving, an evidenced-based and trauma-informed approach to helping children with behavioral challenges. This strength-based model fosters the understanding that “kids do well if they can.”
Individuals who are seeking an opportunity to enter the mental health field are encouraged to apply online!
The successful candidate will meet the requirements of a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) by having the following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in a social services or related field (e.g. human services, social services, behavioral science, social science, etc.); or have 3 years of experience in a mental health setting
- Relates effectively with clients and families
- Respond effectively to critical situations.
The nature of the services we provide prevents us from allowing in-person applications or inquiries, however, calls are welcome at 503-262-0167 or via email atJenniferBu@AlbertinaKerr.org
Candidates can expect the following:
- We maintain a drug- and alcohol-free workplace
- Criminal background checks are required as an initial condition of employment and periodically to maintain employment
- We are an equal opportunity employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law
- Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting 503-262-0145
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Hours – Full & Part-Time Available
- 100% paid Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for employee-only plans
- Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Holidays and Personal Accrued Leave (PAL)
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401(k) - with Employer Match
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Positive Work Environment
- Training & Advancement Opportunities
Minimum Education Required